BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1591 - 1600 of 1749 | Page: 1 ...151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: Have a tarp. Now what about the bugs?
Brian, Take a look at the Six Moon Designs, Meteor Bivy. The floor is 1.3 oz silnylon. I use the bivy without a ground sheet. The lower section is WPB ripstop nylon. The upper section ...

In GEAR » Have a tarp. Now what about the bugs?
June 19, 2:08am

Share Your Trees
Photo taken during my Party On the AT. I call it The Great Grandfather Tree. It looks like it had a rough life but is still tall and strong and deserving of respect. :-) Cherry Gap She...

In Photo Gallery » Share Your Trees
June 12, 9:39am

Re: CL Tabs - Water Treatment
Daniel, My standard operating procedure was to catch clear fast running water in my bottle, drop in a Micropur tab and wait 30 minutes. Clear fast and running isn't always an option. I t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » CL Tabs - Water Treatment
May 26, 10:49am

Re: RE: Need to Add a Sternum Strap
Nathanial, No sew sternum strap at Campmor. http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___63002 Party On ! 2010 Newton

In GEAR » Need to Add a Sternum Strap
May 24, 3:22pm

Re: thanks
Daniel, If you have an Academy Sports location nearby you might be able to find what you need in their camping section. I have seen tent repair kits in the location near my home. I'm n...

In Make Your Own Gear » Repair Bivy
May 20, 8:21am

Re: Repair Bivy
Daniel, Here is your original thread. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=24719&skip_to_post=201393#201393 Party On ! 2...

May 19, 5:26pm

Re: Repair Bivy
Daniel, Gutermann thread. 1/2" grosgrain ribbon @ 2 to 2 1/2" long sewn into a seam of the netting. Cut the grosgrain to size and singe the ends with a lighter. Turn the netti...

May 19, 3:24pm

Re: Re: Why more than instructed?
Benjamin, Point taken about the percentage. :-) >>it's just wasting money<< My questions were never about the cost. I was simply interested in the effect on the water and ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Micropur and 1.5 liter bottles?
May 16, 5:10pm

Re: Why more than instructed?
Ben, I'm thinking of using the 1.5 liter bottles that I already own for the extra capacity over and above my 2 Gatorade bottles. I'm not really a fan of hydration systems and drinkin...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Micropur and 1.5 liter bottles?
May 16, 1:32pm

Re: Chafing
And zippers are abrasive! Commando might be "cool and light" but comfortable is high on my list of necessities. Party On ! 2010 Newton

In GEAR » I have been corrupted
May 16, 7:13am

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm