BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1591 - 1600 of 1768 | Page: 1 ...151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ...177

Forum » Thread

Re: re: Roll down type bag closures
Jamie, You and I are on the same page. Instead of the "dry bag style" of closure think about using your MYOG style of roll down closure along with an "adjustable buckle" o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Roll down type bag closures
July 14, 7:07pm

Re: Drybag Closure
Dan, I like your idea of a MYOG way of creating the closure. I actually considered using grosgrain or webbing as the stiffener that you suggested. John, I have those WalMart bags that you ...

July 14, 6:28pm

Roll down type bag closures
Does anyone on BPL know of a source for the roll down, dry bag, type of closure? I am interested in the closure only for a MYOG project. Party On, Newton

July 14, 1:36pm

Re: catenary curves
Evan, I found this spreadsheet courtesy of Lance Marshall very helpful in figuring out how to plot out the deflection per length of ridgeline. http://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/catenarycurve.xls ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYO Hexamid Solo?
July 13, 9:01pm

Re: GoLite Ion
E-mail sent. Edited to include text below. Ryan, I tried to email you using the address you supplied and I got a "delivery failure" notice in my email inbox. Is the email addr...

In Gear Swap » FS: SMD Gatewood, Serenity, Pole, GL Ion, more.
July 10, 6:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: aluminum bottle
The empties on eBay are like baseball cards. If you check out the ad carefully you will notice these empties have baseball players on them from different MLB teams. Apparently these are thought...

In Make Your Own Gear » 16 oz aluminum bottles
July 08, 12:48pm

Help Design a Tarp
Deleted

In Make Your Own Gear » Help Design a Tarp
July 07, 7:38pm

Re: Re: New Tarp User. Need advice
Todd, >>can you describe your "SLITHER" technique? I haven't found a good one yet :)<< Neither have I. It ain't pretty! ;-) On elbows and knees as the bel...

In GEAR » New Tarp User. Need advice
July 07, 10:44am

Re: New Tarp User. Need advice
Brad, Think of your tarp as a large umbrella. When you use an umbrella most of us point the top center of the umbrella towards the worst of the incoming rain. Point the foot end of your tarp...

In GEAR » New Tarp User. Need advice
July 07, 8:50am

Re: aluminum bottle
David, The aluminum pint bottles are larger in diameter and a thinner gauge than the bottles used in the Whitebox and MBD BIOS stoves. They do seem do be a little thicker gauge than regular p...

In Make Your Own Gear » 16 oz aluminum bottles
July 06, 8:31pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm