BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1591 - 1600 of 2106 | Page: 1 ...151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ...211

Forum » Thread

Looks great
I like this idea. I'm thinking it would be cool to combine this with a quilt with a sleave or perhaps a coupel straps to hold this in place on the inside of the quilt. That way you effect...

In GEAR » TrailLite Designs "CloudVest"
November 23, 10:56pm

Question about pack
Eugene sorry if this is off topic but I'm curious. Since you're selling some very nice packs I'm dieing to know which pack is so awesome that its taking their place.

In Gear Swap » FS: Custom Zimmerbuilt Pack- Bomber!!!
November 23, 12:35pm

Re pepper spray
There is some chemical difference that may have more to do with use on animals than people. Either one will cause humans a lot of discomfort but pepper spray may not work as well on animals. Also...

In Chaff » pepper spray
November 22, 6:03pm

Floorless Tarptent in bug country
I have a floorless tarp tent a friend of mine made and gave to me. Its nice but I rarely encounter bugs that some DEET and a bivy with a headnet can't handle. Two questions 1. For those of ...

In GEAR » Floorless Tarptent in bug country
November 21, 2:11pm

Steel Edge?
Very cool. I'm just courious how long the titanium will last. Isn't it softer than steel? If this becomes an issue would it be possible to insert a steel edge onto the blade while leavin...

In Make Your Own Gear » UL Titanium Hatchet
November 21, 7:04am

Re Re Re Wearable Quilts
I like the idea but knowing how sloppy I can be I'd be nervious wearing an expensive down quilt. Seems like to many chances to get it wet, spill food on it, or rip it. On the other hand a w...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wearable quilts
November 20, 12:20pm

A profound statement
Don't die for your country, make the other #%@* die for his country - General Patton The best arguement against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Churchill (I ...

In Chaff » A profound statement
November 19, 7:47pm

Water doesn't prevent dehydration
According to an EU study there is no actual proof that water prevents dehydration... So all that water we carry is dead weight. I'm so glad now I can ditch 2-4 pounds of packweight...

In Chaff » A profound statement
November 19, 5:48pm

Southern Colorado
Scenery wise southern Colorado is hard to beat. My main reason for suggesting that area is the size of the wilderness areas. I think RMNP, Ten Mile Range, Indian Peaks, etc. are all awesome they ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » How would you spend a month in Colorado?
November 19, 7:02am

Colorado Trail
If you're not looking for a thru-hike I'd plan an extended trip in the San Jauns than hit a few other areas. One idea might be to try and put together a loop through the San Juans using th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » How would you spend a month in Colorado?
November 18, 6:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.