BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1581 - 1590 of 1839 | Page: 1 ...150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ...184

Forum » Thread

Re: Tarptent Contrail Question
I have not used a Contrail but have used the original Squall and a MYOG TT1. If Henry still uses this pole stock: .344" x .019" wall (.023 lbs/ft, 96,000psi) (I'd be surprised i...

In GEAR » Tarptent Contrail Question
June 11, 10:48pm

Re: Weekender, you bet!
Last year was able to pull off 19 back to back weekend trips, but it just wasn’t enough. So, anyone else doing anything nutty? Sure .... I bet an awful lot of us will spent a majority of we...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weekender, you bet!
June 11, 8:15pm

Re: Nomad
Thru-hiker (bottom of that page) sells sheet titanium in a couple sizes and others have said he will sell other sizes by request.

In Make Your Own Gear » Stove Idea's For Those Of Us Who DONT Drink Heinekin?
June 10, 9:54am

Re: stephensen 2x warmlite tents
David: June, July and August in the BWCAW is a good test of bug resistance. Sam: Ditto for the SHT ..... right now I'm closing my eyes and dredging up memories of fall color viewed from th...

In GEAR » stephensen 2x warmlite tents
June 08, 9:28am

Re: Stephenson Tents in BWCA
I've used the Stephenson tents in the BWCA and have not had any bug problems. I gotta ask .... which months in the BWCAW?

In GEAR » stephensen 2x warmlite tents
June 07, 10:34am

msg for George Taylor
George, I might be able to arrange a bit of trail magic for you, email me .... jcolten at comcast dot net

In GEAR » Big Sky International Update
June 06, 8:55pm

Re: Big Sky Update
I guess my question for the Backpaker Magazine folks is, should I just keep on waiting for the tent or is there a more reliable company that makes a comparable light weight tent that I should consi...

In GEAR » Big Sky International Update
June 05, 1:23pm

Re: one last thing.. than ill try to go to sleep!
One thing to realize about pads and cold weather camping is that the amount of insulation needed is determined more by the soil temperature than the air temperature. You'll want more pad at 1...

In GEAR » Suggestions on BackPacks
June 01, 12:42pm

Re: $25 sleeping bag limited field test
I've been PMed asking me more about the sleeping bag I mentioned a year ago in this post. I've used it about 15 nights over the past year, in May, June, July, October and April. All t...

In Gear Lists » Cheapest UL Gear List Challenge
May 21, 4:18pm

Re: eVENT poor
thru-hiker also sells Epic

In Make Your Own Gear » Event Fabric
May 21, 2:30am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am