BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1581 - 1590 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ...206

Forum » Thread

Blaze Orange
Most hunters can tell a hiker from a deer but they also need to know you are around if they are shooting at something else. You might start up a deer or whatever and you want any hunters in the ar...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Blaze orange vs. camo vs. other colors for hunting season hikes
November 12, 9:52am

Sharpening
FYI I'm told Bass Pro Shop will resharpen knives for you for $5. If you have one of those really hard to sharpen knives this might be worth it occassionally assuming they do a good job. My sh...

In GEAR » Knife Recommendations
November 11, 5:18pm

Pack Thoughts
I like the overall look of that pack. Is there any padding between the frame and your back? That would seem necessary for a commercial design since everyone is different and someone is bound to h...

In GEAR » No one wants a 40 liter 15 ounce framed pack right ?
November 11, 5:01pm

Re Re Re Veteran's Day
I definately do think of the ones who didn't come home Bob an very much appreciate them all. At the same time I still insist on thanks living veterans as well no matter how many of these aweso...

In Chaff » Veteran's Day
November 11, 4:06pm

Thanks Bret
No problem hope your trip works out, I'm a big fan of family trips. If you want to try something else there's good canoeing on the Buffalo River, its a fun place to do a leasurely trip and...

In Pre-Trip Planning » HELP!!!! PLACES TO PACK IN TO A CAMPSITE IN OKLAHOM
November 11, 3:45pm

Veteran's Day
Thinking about a friend I made when I was a teenager. He was a gentlemen who'd lost a leg and an arm in Vietnam, came back, raised a family and volunteered his time helping various people. He...

In Chaff » Veteran's Day
November 11, 3:14pm

Re Re Time to Share Than
I like that design. I might try something like that at some point. That may be the only practical way to make a SUL pack that could carry heavy duty loads. I do like the contoured fit of aluminui...

In GEAR » No one wants a 40 liter 15 ounce framed pack right ?
November 11, 9:32am

Thanks
Thanks Brian I was wondering what I was missing if someone with a similar gear list and baseweight was using a 1000 cu. inch. pack for overnighters!

In Gear Swap » Packs: Zpacks Cuben, Zpacks dyneema, Gossamer Gear
November 10, 8:11pm

Soreness
I had a similar experience to Henk as far as hiking in minimal shoes. I hiked about 175 miles of the Colorado Trail in a pair of La Sportiva X-Country. I've never heard much about these in ...

In Philosophy & Technique » "Best way to run"
November 10, 6:36pm

Daylight
Don't forget the benefit of going south is that you get a bit more daylight to enjoy wherever you are. I don't know the daylight difference between Utah and Big Bend but I'd be inlined ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Some place to be in February
November 10, 4:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.