BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1581 - 1590 of 2083 | Page: 1 ...150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ...209

Forum » Thread

Good Ideas
Good thoughts David thanks for posting.

In Winter Hiking » A few thought on hiking in winter
November 18, 10:35am

Ion vs. Burn
I won't argue with Javen, comforts personal but I personally really like a hipbelt (combined with other features that make it work well). I got rid of my Ion because the torse was too short fo...

In GEAR » Ion vs. Burn
November 17, 9:07pm

Poncho Sleaves
Eugene heres an idea for "arm chaps." Basically make two sleaves of whatever material you prefer connected across the top with a strip of fabric just big enough for a head hole. Hope th...

In GEAR » ALTER EGO STORM
November 17, 2:28pm

Re Re Ion vs. Burn
Javen have you posted anything here about that modified Ohm? Sounds interesting. Here is a young friend of mine carrying my modified Ion. You can see the two straps sewn onto the top. I did...

In GEAR » Ion vs. Burn
November 17, 1:10pm

Re Looks Good for a Niche Market
You have a point there. Personally I don't think very many of the really lighte (6oz-10oz) raincoats are going to keep you as dry as someting slightly heavier assuming the weight goes into thi...

November 17, 12:59pm

F.S. Stuff
Bump

In Gear Swap » F.S. Pack, dry bags, books, maps, GPS, Knife
November 17, 11:41am

Water Proofing
Back in a thread about silnylon waterproofing someone mentioned that the HH needs to be higher if the surface isn't sloping. What this would mean is that most likely place for a leak would be ...

November 17, 9:13am

To late...
To late on the Poncho tarp in a snowstorm idea. Remember a year or so there was that big snowstorm that shut down Washington D.C, they called it "Snowmagedon." I was camped out along th...

In GEAR » Crazy light and compact survival-level sleep system
November 16, 7:52pm

Question for Colin
Colin your MYOG bag sounds very interesting. I'd be inclined to try one made with a space blanket on the outside for more durablity. Can you give more info on the "agricultural fleece&qu...

In GEAR » Crazy light and compact survival-level sleep system
November 16, 2:32pm

Other Idea
I ran out of AquaMira once and switched to Iodine tablets. The advantage there was that I could scoop water from a creek, drop the tablets in and keep going without taking off my pack or stopping ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Using the SteriPEN over AquaMira: Carrying less water
November 16, 7:08am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.