BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1581 - 1590 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ...211

Forum » Thread

Re Dougles
You have a point Dougles. To be fair to the article and to the author this would be entertaing for someone to read in a waiting room or someone grabbing it off a maginzine rack for a plane ride. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Survival expert can't figure out how to pitch a tarp...
November 26, 10:27am

Re My contribution
LOL I don't begrudge Backpacker selling stuff or promoting products. On the other hand I'm surprised people still buy the it (I don't I occasionally read from someone else's subsc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Survival expert can't figure out how to pitch a tarp...
November 26, 9:30am

This guys attitude
I also read that article and was not impressed in any way. Seemed more like a macho list of adventures than anything practical. There are plenty of people with a shorter wilderness resume than thi...

November 26, 7:15am

Re Re Atkins
All right Miguel I'll look forward to hearing further thoughts from you after you get back from the mountains. Enjoy them for me.

In Philosophy & Technique » Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack?
November 25, 8:44pm

Re Re Alaska
I wonder if Andy Skurka's jacket failed because of long term wear on tear on the DWR finish. I'd agree though that no system is perfect and sometimes you're just going to get a bit wet...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Alternative Rainwear: State of the Market Report - Part 1: Introducing and Defining Alternative Rainwear
November 25, 8:11pm

Re Miguel
Miguel very interesting stuff (your first post came out while I was typing mine). If I have time I might be checking out those books, looks like a good place to start. Couple thoughts... Reg...

November 25, 6:52pm

Re Atkins
I understand lots of people gain weight back after a diet so that may not be a problem with the diet. I'm still relatively young and apparently have a high matabolism so I don't have to wo...

November 25, 6:15pm

Re Just because its evolutionary doesn't mean its best
If a diet works for you great! On the other hand I'm also skeptical that just because our ancestors ate something that automatically means its the ultimate diet. First off we don't have a...

November 25, 3:57pm

Re Re Cool-Pack Question
Thanks for the info Nick. Some day I'd like to get a McHale but right now I don't have the funds and for the hiking I normally do its just not needed (although it would be nice). I'...

In Post-Trip Reports » 61st Birthday XUL Trip
November 24, 11:15am

Cool - Pack Question
Nick great report. I'm always glad when you put together a trip report. Your route diagrams and illustrations make it very readable. I'll be interested to see how your Cuban Fiber Mc...

In Post-Trip Reports » 61st Birthday XUL Trip
November 24, 8:15am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.