BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1571 - 1580 of 1768 | Page: 1 ...149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ...177

Forum » Thread

Re: Getting used to tarps
Jeffrey, Take a look at the Six Moon Designs Meteor Bivy. It is light, roomy, airy and keeps away all manner of pests. I used it under my tarp and in shelters. You can make your ow...

In GEAR » Getting used to tarps
August 09, 10:56pm

The Third Pack The Beginning
Trial and error, learn by doing and "doh" I wish I'd done or thought of that has caused me to begin another SUL pack. On my last AT trek I mailed home some "unnecessary&qu...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Third Pack The Beginning
August 09, 8:07pm

Re: Cuben Fiber Tarps
Lawson, Your tarps are outstanding in your field. That is your field right? ;-) :-) Seriously the tight pitch and the taut ridgeline of your flat tarps are OUTSTANDING! Good luck with your...

In Gear Deals » Cuben Fiber Tarps
August 09, 7:31am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nice Job!
Kieran, To everything there is a season. The gray tarp pic was in February of this year. :-0 It was one our coldest winters on record, hence the beautiful straw color of my back yard. :-) ...

In Make Your Own Gear » I've got a Flat!
August 05, 2:14pm

Re: crackef fingers?
Dan, GoJo Hand Medic does it for me on dry and cracked hands. No problems with my feet. Party On, Newton

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » crackef fingers?
August 04, 10:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Nice Job!
Aaron, Thanks. A small reward for your generosity and patience. :-) You are very welcome. I enjoyed making it. Party On, Newton

August 04, 9:45pm

Re: Nice Job!
Lawson, >>it was on a roll. hahaha<< Yep! It rolled from FLA to WA to LA. :-) Thanks to you and Aaron, Mr. Singer and Gutermann I now have a new piece of gear. Party On, ...

August 04, 8:54pm

"UL Creatures"
My namesake, Newt-on. :-) Party On, Newton

In Photo Gallery » UL Creatures
August 04, 8:11pm

Re: Ever quit caffeine?
Stephen, Interesting that you ask about detoxing from caffiene with a "trail name" like GuinnessSteve. :-) >>We're all different -- so no single correct answer here -- but...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ever quit caffeine?
August 02, 3:00pm

I've got a Flat!
I've gone from this to this which can also be pitched in this manner. My new tarp is 8' x 10' and flat in configuration. I wanted the flexibility of being able to ...

August 01, 9:25pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm