BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1571 - 1580 of 1991 | Page: 1 ...149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ...200

Forum » Thread

Pack Sold, funny thing
Trek Pack is sold. Funny thing is after I shipped the Ion it seemed everyone was putting up WTB an Ion" posts. Maybe I should have auctioned it or something. More stuff coming later as ...

In Gear Swap » F.S. Shoes, Tarp, Pack
October 21, 9:44pm

Open Fires and LNT
Andy good catch, you are right that fire is nowhere near LNT. Just for the record I would NEVER make a fire pit like that on a true wilderness trip. In this picture we were camped at an establish...

In Editor's Roundtable » Enjoying Backpacking with Kids: Part 2
October 21, 5:19pm

Leave it
I would leave the pad in. It used to be very common to take them out to save a few ounces but according to recent test they do imprve the carrying ablitity. Rolling your sleeping bad up works but...

In GEAR » Golite Jam Pad Support
October 20, 6:20am

Well...
Well you guys are convincing me. I think I'll take a shot at it tomorrow. Right now I have things to do and I need to check on the tarp tent I left out in the rain to see how waterproof it re...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modifying an REI Polarguard Jacket Question for the Experts
October 19, 4:46pm

Injuries
I've always made my own kit. I try to prepare for two kinds of injuries. First truly serious injuries like broken bones etc. mean I'm going to be improvising so I just keep some basic ba...

In GEAR » Who thinks all the first aid kits out there are crazy heavy?
October 19, 4:43pm

Awesome
Pack arrived and it looks great thanks.

In Gear Swap » Osprey Exos (L) for sale
October 19, 4:35pm

Pictures
Here are some pictures. The way I was thinking of getting the zipper off was to fold along the zipper line and sew a second seam. So I would bascially be creating greater "seam all...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modifying an REI Polarguard Jacket Question for the Experts
October 19, 11:04am

Great review
I love it, very well written article. That sounds like one awesome tent for a family. I love the generious vestibule. When I was taking boys on trips we always struggled to keep mud and water ou...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hilleberg Nallo 4 GT Review
October 19, 10:36am

HELP
I shouldn't start threads at midnight. Anybody got on idea.

October 19, 5:52am

Looks Great
Looks great, I'd use that pack. I'm a big fan of trying ideas out with cheaper material. None of my packs have been exactly the way I've wanted them but I've always learned. Afte...

In Make Your Own Gear » My first pack!
October 18, 8:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.