BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1561 - 1570 of 1823 | Page: 1 ...148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ...183

Forum » Thread

Mesh for 45 gram wood burning stove
Let me guess ..... you got the mesh from McMaster-Carr? what type stainless steel?

In Make Your Own Gear » 45 gram wood burning stove
June 27, 4:25pm

Re: 45 gram wood burning stove
Very nice! can ou provide dimemsions? and specs for the mesh used?

In Make Your Own Gear » 45 gram wood burning stove
June 27, 11:14am

Re: Arctic Pack photos
I did not realize the shoulder straps attached to the drybag! That strengthens my conviction that a GearSkin might be a good alternative for that type of pack. It doesn't come with drybags bu...

In GEAR » ULA Arctic 1000 Packs
June 20, 12:05pm

Re: WTB Tarptent Rainshadow 2
Matthew ..... email addr?

In Gear Swap » WTB Tarptent Rainshadow 2
June 19, 2:15pm

Re: Tarptent Contrail Question
I have not used a Contrail but have used the original Squall and a MYOG TT1. If Henry still uses this pole stock: .344" x .019" wall (.023 lbs/ft, 96,000psi) (I'd be surprised i...

In GEAR » Tarptent Contrail Question
June 11, 10:48pm

Re: Weekender, you bet!
Last year was able to pull off 19 back to back weekend trips, but it just wasn’t enough. So, anyone else doing anything nutty? Sure .... I bet an awful lot of us will spent a majority of we...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weekender, you bet!
June 11, 8:15pm

Re: Nomad
Thru-hiker (bottom of that page) sells sheet titanium in a couple sizes and others have said he will sell other sizes by request.

In Make Your Own Gear » Stove Idea's For Those Of Us Who DONT Drink Heinekin?
June 10, 9:54am

Re: stephensen 2x warmlite tents
David: June, July and August in the BWCAW is a good test of bug resistance. Sam: Ditto for the SHT ..... right now I'm closing my eyes and dredging up memories of fall color viewed from th...

In GEAR » stephensen 2x warmlite tents
June 08, 9:28am

Re: Stephenson Tents in BWCA
I've used the Stephenson tents in the BWCA and have not had any bug problems. I gotta ask .... which months in the BWCAW?

In GEAR » stephensen 2x warmlite tents
June 07, 10:34am

msg for George Taylor
George, I might be able to arrange a bit of trail magic for you, email me .... jcolten at comcast dot net

In GEAR » Big Sky International Update
June 06, 8:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am