BPL Community Profile

todd harper (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right. A Gatewood Cape w/Serenity is my primary solo shelter nowadays.

I'm also into kayaking & fishing.
StateFlorida

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd harper

Showing 1561 - 1570 of 1654 | Page: 1 ...147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166

Forum » Thread

For Sale: Hennessy UL Backpacker
$95 gets it shipped to lower 48, including stock tarp, treehuggers, and stuff sack. It is honestly gently used, w/the only flaw being about a 1" separation of a seam on the STUFFSACK, but it w...

In Gear Swap » For Sale: Hennessy UL Backpacker
October 12, 8:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Advice Starting Quilt Sleep System
I'm not trying to simply repeat what Roger said! However his point about not FEELING cold is very true for me. Even in cold temps my head may not be uncomfortable, but my torso or shoulders...

In GEAR » Advice Starting Quilt Sleep System
October 09, 6:21am

Re: No cook Nutella brownies !
Wow, man. Those look good and I can't wait to try them! Todd

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » No cook Nutella brownies !
October 08, 7:49pm

Both work...
I have used a SUpercat successfully for some time. I also recently bought a "seconds" version (minor dent) of the Caldera and it's performance is impressive - not to mention reliab...

In GEAR » Should I go for simply an alcohol stove or a Caldera Cone?
October 08, 1:56pm

Re: Re: Now I gotta try the blend!
Hi Dan, I owe SuzyQHoo pics of this setup - I'll post them when I can. I modified an idea from someone on this forum - I'll look into it and give him the credit when I get back in the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tea Light Stove Upgrade
September 27, 9:02pm

Now I gotta try the blend!
Thanks Donna, I'm gonna try that. I have good experience w/ a tealight setup but will try yours'. Todd

In Make Your Own Gear » Tea Light Stove Upgrade
September 27, 2:17pm

Great stuff!
Ben, Thanks for sharing your experiences! That was such a real, down-to-earth read. I'm heading out to do the Foothills Trail in the Carolinas this weekend (my longest trip yet - IF my k...

In Editor's Roundtable » Bringing up the Rear: An Ultralighter Hikes across the Weminuche with a "Mixed" Group
September 27, 8:09am

Re: Making Char Cloth
Jason, Thank you for posting about this. Wow, do I feel ignorant--I've never heard of char cloth before. Now I can't wait to try this. Todd

In Make Your Own Gear » Making Char Cloth
September 26, 11:39am

Ditto
EJ, I have the EXACT same issues as you, and look forward to what others have to say. Also, thanks for clarifying why mesh synthetics stink worse than others - I noticed that but couldn't f...

In GEAR » Most comfortable least odiferous synthetic briefs/T's
September 24, 11:30am

Re: somewhere I remember nose grease
My Dad taught me to do that w/ a fishing rod, too!

In GEAR » Deodorant/Anti-Perspirant... what do you use?
September 20, 8:07pm

All Reader Reviews by todd harper

todd harper has posted no reviews.