Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1561 - 1570 of 1768 | Page: 1 ...148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ...177

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's wrong with my Gnat?
Stuart, Are all other parts of the stove above the orange "valve bit" assembled tightly before and after the testing? Excess air in the mixture? Can there be anything blocking the ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Monatauk Gnat Stove Review
August 18, 4:10pm

Re: Re: Re: re: I've got a Flat!
Roger, Thank you for the compliment and for fixing my broken compass. :-) :-) I made the neccessary repairs to my compass and edited the link in my post. ;-) Party On, Newton

In Make Your Own Gear » I've got a Flat!
August 18, 1:21pm

Re: re: I've got a Flat!
Jamie, Pure, simple and light! You hit all the high points. It looks great. Your MYOG Goes to the Mountains article got my sewing machine all revved up again. It's not quite fini...

In Make Your Own Gear » I've got a Flat!
August 18, 12:53pm

Re: Re: Re: What's wrong with my Gnat?
Stuart, I found this in a gear review of the Gnat on Backpacker.com. >>Two tips: 1) Don’t forget to pack your own windscreen because the burner is very susceptible to breezes, and 2)...

In Editor's Roundtable » Monatauk Gnat Stove Review
August 18, 10:33am

Re: ALL-W.E.T. Cuben Shelter
Steven, Great looking shelter! Went over to your website and read the info below. >>I am also working on a carbon fiber strut to run between the poles. The few times I have used the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » ALL-W.E.T. Cuben Shelter
August 15, 9:57pm

"The Third Pack The Second Stage"
After my last rainy experience on the trail I made a mental note to design pack pockets that will drain. I decided against using mesh after noticing that the material weighed 4 oz per square yard....

In Make Your Own Gear » The Third Pack The Beginning
August 15, 8:23pm

Re: layout on silnylon
Steve, +1 for the fine point Sharpie marking pens. I have also had great luck with Dritz Tailor's Chalk in blue and white, p.n. 642-66. You can see what I am talking about at; http:...

In Make Your Own Gear » layout on silnylon
August 13, 8:30am

Re: Jo-Ann Fabrics grosgrain ribbon and homemade silnylon loops for tarp tie outs
Brendan, I am very much into MYOG for tarps and packs. Your research and testing of the different styles of tieouts and their designs was very informative and helpful. I appreciate the the t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Joann Fabrics Grosgrain Ribbon for tarp tie out loops
August 12, 8:21am

Re: Great job!
Jamie, I was bitten by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am not in search of a cure. :-) There is nothing like the satisfaction of making your own gear, taking it out on the trail and meeting up wit...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG Goes to the Mountains
August 11, 7:39am

Re: Re: Bivies
Jeffrey, Honestly I think that your Hexamid is a fine piece of gear and it does have more area within "the bug free zone". >>although I can see how the tarp/bivy option offers...

In GEAR » Getting used to tarps
August 10, 4:23am

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm