BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1561 - 1570 of 2058 | Page: 1 ...148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ...206

Forum » Thread

F.S. Stuff
Bump

In Gear Swap » F.S. Pack, dry bags, books, maps, GPS, Knife
November 17, 11:41am

Water Proofing
Back in a thread about silnylon waterproofing someone mentioned that the HH needs to be higher if the surface isn't sloping. What this would mean is that most likely place for a leak would be ...

In GEAR » ALTER EGO STORM
November 17, 9:13am

To late...
To late on the Poncho tarp in a snowstorm idea. Remember a year or so there was that big snowstorm that shut down Washington D.C, they called it "Snowmagedon." I was camped out along th...

In GEAR » Crazy light and compact survival-level sleep system
November 16, 7:52pm

Question for Colin
Colin your MYOG bag sounds very interesting. I'd be inclined to try one made with a space blanket on the outside for more durablity. Can you give more info on the "agricultural fleece&qu...

In GEAR » Crazy light and compact survival-level sleep system
November 16, 2:32pm

Other Idea
I ran out of AquaMira once and switched to Iodine tablets. The advantage there was that I could scoop water from a creek, drop the tablets in and keep going without taking off my pack or stopping ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Using the SteriPEN over AquaMira: Carrying less water
November 16, 7:08am

Burn Volume
I had an Ion than traded it for a Burn. Technically the Burn has 1500 cubic inches of volume same as the Ion but I believe its actually a bit wider than the Ion, could just be me but it seems tha...

In GEAR » Ion vs. Burn
November 15, 6:14pm

More useless info and an unprofound song
If you have kids and have heard "Party in the USA" more times than you care to count check out "Party in the CIA" by good ol Weird Al for an improved version, in the meantime so...

In Chaff » A profound statement
November 14, 9:19pm

Churchill's profound statement when drunk
Bessie Braddock - Sir, you are drunk. Churchill - Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.

November 14, 9:10pm

If at first you don't succeed...
If at first you don't succeed... Don't try skydiving If at first you don't succeed... Destroy all evidence that you tried.

November 14, 9:05pm

Re Re A profound statement
At this time next year we will be electing a president. We will either re-elect the current one or elect a new one to replace him. There are two outcomes. 1. If the current one is re-elected ...

November 14, 8:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.