BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1551 - 1559 of 1559 | Page: 1 ...137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156

Forum » Thread

$39.37
See http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=90770&bt=N

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Prepackaged vs Homemade
March 21, 4:07pm

Hammock Primaloft Quilt
http://www.peak.org/~webdawg/Hammocking/Under-Over-Quilt/index.html has good directions for making a 1.5" thick Primaloft underquilt, for the 40 degree temp you require. Another source for a patter...

In Make Your Own Gear » HH underquilt
March 21, 1:11pm

40 degrees requires 1 1/2" for an underpad
As a woman requiring a 40 degree comfort level you need an insulation value of approximately .9 mkv. This translates into about 1 1/2 inches of down or synthetic insulation. You have obviously done...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hennesy Hammock
March 19, 1:52am

50 Degree Hennessy Insulation
The only solutions that works for most people are to add a tapered, 28" wide at shoulders and 18" at the feet, foam pad under your sleeping bag or to attach an insulation blanket comprised of down ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hennesy Hammock
March 18, 7:05pm

Bake not boil
The fish are baked, not boiled, using the procedure I mentioned. They are much more moist when cooked than if done in a conventional baking oven and hence the confusing term “bake/boil” was use...

In Fishing » Cooking Fish - Ultralight Style
February 26, 8:49pm

Baking trout over an alcohol stove
If a fire is allowed I just season the trout and broil it using a light weight telescoping aluminum back packer’s grill. Frying fish requires not only the frying pan you mentioned, but also a...

In Fishing » Cooking Fish - Ultralight Style
February 23, 1:09pm

Pertex and Permethrin
I would like to treat Pertex Microlight clothing (Montane Litespeed Jackets) with Permethrin (insecticide) for an expedition in Alaska. What effect this will have on the "durable water repellent tr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pertex and Permethrin
February 20, 9:25am

Fishing Gear
http://www.daiwa.com/tackle/combos/esp/ is the URL to look at the Diawa travel packs designed to accomplish the goals that you stated. There are many retail outlets that handle these sets. The one...

In GEAR » Fishing Gear
February 09, 7:14pm

WT Primaloft
I purchased the WT Primaloft sweater and vest for a backpacking and fishing trip to the high country of the Bob Marshall Wilderness area that I did in October. The WT sweater and vest are each cons...

In GEAR » opinion on wild things primaloft jacket vs. more ultralight ones ?
January 10, 10:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm