BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1551 - 1560 of 1745 | Page: 1 ...147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nice Job!
Kieran, To everything there is a season. The gray tarp pic was in February of this year. :-0 It was one our coldest winters on record, hence the beautiful straw color of my back yard. :-) ...

In Make Your Own Gear » I've got a Flat!
August 05, 2:14pm

Re: crackef fingers?
Dan, GoJo Hand Medic does it for me on dry and cracked hands. No problems with my feet. Party On, Newton

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » crackef fingers?
August 04, 10:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Nice Job!
Aaron, Thanks. A small reward for your generosity and patience. :-) You are very welcome. I enjoyed making it. Party On, Newton

August 04, 9:45pm

Re: Nice Job!
Lawson, >>it was on a roll. hahaha<< Yep! It rolled from FLA to WA to LA. :-) Thanks to you and Aaron, Mr. Singer and Gutermann I now have a new piece of gear. Party On, ...

August 04, 8:54pm

"UL Creatures"
My namesake, Newt-on. :-) Party On, Newton

In Photo Gallery » UL Creatures
August 04, 8:11pm

Re: Ever quit caffeine?
Stephen, Interesting that you ask about detoxing from caffiene with a "trail name" like GuinnessSteve. :-) >>We're all different -- so no single correct answer here -- but...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ever quit caffeine?
August 02, 3:00pm

I've got a Flat!
I've gone from this to this which can also be pitched in this manner. My new tarp is 8' x 10' and flat in configuration. I wanted the flexibility of being able to ...

August 01, 9:25pm

Re: UL Bottle Opener
Ben, http://www.tylertool.com/buck26.html Dual purpose and ultralight. TSA might not like them but I love mine. Put it in your checked baggage. Party On, Newton

In GEAR » UL Bottle Opener
August 01, 6:32pm

Re: Need Weird Advice. Urgent!
Mark, +1 on losing the Goretex shoes. I went from Goretex mid-hikers to the low Moab Ventilators by Merrill. I use Cabela's coolmax thin liners and Columbia mid weight wool socks. I'...

In GEAR » Need Weird Advice. Urgent!
August 01, 6:18pm

Re: Titan™ 2 Pot Set diameters
Tony, Not titanium but they are by MSR in stainless. The dimensions may be close as in this day and age of cost savings the dies that they use to press out the cookware could be the same. Di...

In GEAR » Titan™ 2 Pot Set diameters
August 01, 12:57pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm