BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1551 - 1560 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ...211

Forum » Thread

Re Re Re Mean Streets
Aside from Nick's concern's there's a very real chance the court will send the kid back to his mom at the hearing. So all that would have been accomplished is that the kid was severely...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
November 30, 2:35pm

Education
"At most the state should provide eduication to the parent on proper nutrition." They already are doing this in the schools but apparently but no one is listening.

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
November 30, 2:01pm

Good for you
Good for you Laurie! I can't say a lot about running because I'm not a super serious runner. My guess is some of the hard core guys will chime in eventually. Good shoes are a must of cou...

In Chaff » running
November 30, 8:24am

Porter Pack and Sleeping Bag
I really like having some pockets but this is partl solvable on the Porter pack. You can rig up a simple mesh pocket and attach it to the pack by the daisy chains. Oh sleeping bags thats anot...

In GEAR » Internal Frame vs Frameless Pack
November 29, 7:43pm

Great Article
Great article David. I'd never heard of some of this raingear. That Microburst sounds mighty tempting. I like the packa idea because in Colorado I was continually taking my rain gear on and ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Alternative Rainwear: State of the Market Report - Part 2: Overview of Individual Products
November 29, 5:49pm

Internal Frame Pack
I'd say if you're looking at 20-25 pounds get an internal frame pack no question. Packs I would consider would be... ULA Circuit Osprey Exos 46 or 58 depending on how much space you need...

November 29, 5:28pm

Circuit Durablity
Jay the fabric of the Circuit is pretty durable stuff. I think I heard that in some ULA packs the frame could wear through the fabric over time. That was a while ago so I suspect they've fixe...

November 29, 4:32pm

Frameless vs. Internal Frame Pack
Jay this issue gets debated a lot around here so there's not perfect answer, here are my thoughts. Frameless packs should be packed in such a way that they are stiff. The normal way it t...

November 29, 4:30pm

Re Re couple who starved baby lose 3 kids
You mean anorexie? Thats a tough one to deal with and I doubt it shows up on the social service radar as often. A girl may be anorexic for years before anyone realized theres a problem and by tha...

November 29, 3:41pm

Sleeping Quilt? Bed?
I was thinking along the lines of taking a couple space blankets and making a sleeping quilt like this. For a jacket here's my problem. An insulated jacket has maybe 3-8 oz of insulation depe...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » natural insulation jacket idea
November 28, 8:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.