BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1551 - 1560 of 2058 | Page: 1 ...147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ...206

Forum » Thread

Southern Colorado
Scenery wise southern Colorado is hard to beat. My main reason for suggesting that area is the size of the wilderness areas. I think RMNP, Ten Mile Range, Indian Peaks, etc. are all awesome they ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » How would you spend a month in Colorado?
November 19, 7:02am

Colorado Trail
If you're not looking for a thru-hike I'd plan an extended trip in the San Jauns than hit a few other areas. One idea might be to try and put together a loop through the San Juans using th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » How would you spend a month in Colorado?
November 18, 6:53pm

Re Re Hikin Jim
You got a point, whatever humor we might find it, someone's mourning now. Sad thing is some people like this aren't quit so "dumb" as you might think. Theres a guy that thinks T...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Body of L.A. area man found on Mt. Shasta
November 18, 5:37pm

Re Hikin Jim
Your efforts and sacrifices are noted and appreciated.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Body of L.A. area man found on Mt. Shasta
November 18, 3:53pm

Re Re Re Body of L.A area man found on Mt. Shasta
Huh how come all the "interesting" people hang out in California. Everyone I've met in the Appalachians and Rockies has been boringly realist and practical. Seriously though some pe...

November 18, 1:34pm

Good Ideas
Good thoughts David thanks for posting.

In Winter Hiking » A few thought on hiking in winter
November 18, 10:35am

Ion vs. Burn
I won't argue with Javen, comforts personal but I personally really like a hipbelt (combined with other features that make it work well). I got rid of my Ion because the torse was too short fo...

In GEAR » Ion vs. Burn
November 17, 9:07pm

Poncho Sleaves
Eugene heres an idea for "arm chaps." Basically make two sleaves of whatever material you prefer connected across the top with a strip of fabric just big enough for a head hole. Hope th...

In GEAR » ALTER EGO STORM
November 17, 2:28pm

Re Re Ion vs. Burn
Javen have you posted anything here about that modified Ohm? Sounds interesting. Here is a young friend of mine carrying my modified Ion. You can see the two straps sewn onto the top. I did...

In GEAR » Ion vs. Burn
November 17, 1:10pm

Re Looks Good for a Niche Market
You have a point there. Personally I don't think very many of the really lighte (6oz-10oz) raincoats are going to keep you as dry as someting slightly heavier assuming the weight goes into thi...

In GEAR » ALTER EGO STORM
November 17, 12:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.