Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1551 - 1560 of 2137 | Page: 1 ...147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ...214

Forum » Thread

Very Sad
Very sad. Two non-fatal wolf attacks have been documented in Canada and wolves may have killed one man as well although there is some debate about whether it was a wolf or a bear in that case. Th...

In Chaff » Wolf kill confirmed in Alaska
December 07, 9:27am

Water Bladder
I talked to a runner on a 50 miler in Texas and he was doing the liquid calorie thing. He seemed to like it but he said he had to tweak the mixture a bit. If I recal it was to thick at one point ...

In Gear Lists » 2012 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic gear list
December 06, 10:21pm

Shoes? Insulation?
David I see you seem to still like the X-Counties. I'm impressed you are confident enough in them to take them on a race like that. I though they might be a bit light? How much do you plan o...

In Gear Lists » 2012 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic gear list
December 06, 8:09pm

Re Bring the Kids Do longer trips
Haha Erin I remember the "ten feet per hour pace." Actually come to think of it we carried my younger sister for that very reason. She would walk but she wanted to investigate EVERYTHING.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you do it?
December 06, 4:04pm

What works?
We keep coming back to smoking, and now drunk driving. I think smoking has been reduced, is drunk driving down from where it used to be? Has anyone done a study to figure out what actually worked?

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
December 06, 8:27am

Re Re Re Jerry
I just saw the other day that in New York that got some of the restuarants to post the calories of the food. Than they compared the rate of fatty food eaten by inner city kids with the rate of fat...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
December 06, 7:53am

Re Re Re Ages 3-5
Hang in there Sarah! No one said being a mom was easy! Moms with little kids are probably more deserving of "me" time than anyone. In that case its not so much a selfish thing as a &qu...

December 05, 8:14pm

Lint
Dave I know you know what you're doing but for everyone else's sake let me say I've had mixed reasults with lint. The quality of the lint depends on what the lint comes off. We tried ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wood stove hikers...do you carry a "real" knife?
December 05, 7:42pm

Funding
If there's a great place can't we just designate it as a wilderness for the time being? With all the talk of budget cuts I wonder of the NPS really needs a new chunk of land to be responsi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » NPS to consider new park in W.Va.
December 05, 7:33pm

Re Ages 3-5
Sarah I don't think Ford is a freak of nature. Sounds like he's just very well trained. Good for you, you showed what can be done. If I came off a bit cautious thats because I normally a...

December 05, 5:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.