BPL Community Profile

todd harper (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right. A Gatewood Cape w/Serenity is my primary solo shelter nowadays.

I'm also into kayaking & fishing.
StateFlorida

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd harper

Showing 1541 - 1550 of 1631 | Page: 1 ...145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164

Forum » Thread

Both work...
I have used a SUpercat successfully for some time. I also recently bought a "seconds" version (minor dent) of the Caldera and it's performance is impressive - not to mention reliab...

In GEAR » Should I go for simply an alcohol stove or a Caldera Cone?
October 08, 1:56pm

Re: Re: Now I gotta try the blend!
Hi Dan, I owe SuzyQHoo pics of this setup - I'll post them when I can. I modified an idea from someone on this forum - I'll look into it and give him the credit when I get back in the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tea Light Stove Upgrade
September 27, 9:02pm

Now I gotta try the blend!
Thanks Donna, I'm gonna try that. I have good experience w/ a tealight setup but will try yours'. Todd

In Make Your Own Gear » Tea Light Stove Upgrade
September 27, 2:17pm

Great stuff!
Ben, Thanks for sharing your experiences! That was such a real, down-to-earth read. I'm heading out to do the Foothills Trail in the Carolinas this weekend (my longest trip yet - IF my k...

In Editor's Roundtable » Bringing up the Rear: An Ultralighter Hikes across the Weminuche with a "Mixed" Group
September 27, 8:09am

Re: Making Char Cloth
Jason, Thank you for posting about this. Wow, do I feel ignorant--I've never heard of char cloth before. Now I can't wait to try this. Todd

In Make Your Own Gear » Making Char Cloth
September 26, 11:39am

Ditto
EJ, I have the EXACT same issues as you, and look forward to what others have to say. Also, thanks for clarifying why mesh synthetics stink worse than others - I noticed that but couldn't f...

In GEAR » Most comfortable least odiferous synthetic briefs/T's
September 24, 11:30am

Re: somewhere I remember nose grease
My Dad taught me to do that w/ a fishing rod, too!

In GEAR » Deodorant/Anti-Perspirant... what do you use?
September 20, 8:07pm

Re: Not That I Really Know But...
Ben, Why do you say "Daily users probably shouldn't quit right before a long hike..."? I'm about to take one and was wondering...Thanks

September 20, 11:21am

Re: Re: Re: From $10 of walmart silnylon!
Thanks for the repsonse, David. I'm hiking the Foothills Trail in a week & 1/2, so this will be on my list for things to try once I get back!

In Make Your Own Gear » From $10 of walmart silnylon!
September 20, 11:17am

Re: I'm in...
I've slept w/ windows open (don't like a fan blowing in my face, though, for some reason) and it worked. My body got used to it.

September 20, 9:03am

All Reader Reviews by todd harper

todd harper has posted no reviews.