BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1541 - 1550 of 1994 | Page: 1 ...146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ...200

Forum » Thread

Great Article
Absulutely awesome article Balls! Very inspiring! My favorite lines "I'm not flip flopping Dad!" Sounds like she should run for office next.. just kidding. Did she even know th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sunshine in the Sierra
November 08, 3:02pm

Re Bear Photos
Sorry I almost had a picture of a Greenback Reticulating Grizzly but he got away too fast. Very rare critter. Have to see if I can dig up the picture of the Flat Toothed Beach Bear I saw when I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT and Bear Spray.
November 08, 10:33am

Re Kings Canyon Bear
Justin is it just me or is that bear basically ignoring you guys? I think your Sierra bears are a hoot. Where I live bears actually run away when they see you they don't look the other way as...

November 08, 7:43am

Hum
Okay thats helpful. Well you would save a little big of weight from removing the hood and zipper. The main savings is going to be reducing the overall size of the bag. Here is what I would do. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wanted: someone to modify a sleeping bag for me, and ideas
November 08, 6:58am

Unintended consequense
Apparently bear spray isn't legal in Smoky Mountain National Park either. Carrying concealed handguns is now legal in national parks provided you have a permit to carry in that state (not so h...

November 07, 10:16pm

Pack
Robert I have two possible ideas if you're still looking. 1. Look for a closeout deal on an extra small pack. Since these are the last to go you might get a good deal. 2. Look for a ki...

In Gear Swap » WTB GG Mariposa Plus, SMD Swift or similar
November 07, 9:58pm

Night Layer
One trick is too do a search on the gear swap forum. Sometimes you find something buried there and the deals can be better than what you'd find elsewear. Womens and extra small items (and ext...

In GEAR » Recommendations on puffy (preferably synthetic) jacket for son
November 07, 9:48pm

Jackets
Fleece might be a better option since he'll grow. I'd think in your situation the extra weight of fleece would not be a huge issue. If you to add to it a cheap down vest from a thrift sto...

In GEAR » Recommendations on puffy (preferably synthetic) jacket for son
November 07, 3:36pm

Price
The link didn't work for me so I don't know exaclty what kind of back we're talking about. I did try turning a synthetic bag into a quilt and was dissappointed that I didn't save m...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wanted: someone to modify a sleeping bag for me, and ideas
November 07, 2:11pm

Check this website...
David you may already know about summitpost.org but its a resource I have had good luck with planning trips in other areas. Never been to Hell's Canyon but they do have it on Summitpost.org so...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hells Canyon in November: best off?
November 07, 12:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.