BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1531 - 1540 of 1746 | Page: 1 ...145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: Which pack Ray-Way or G4
Jason, While I have not done either the Ray Way or the G4 I have done several packs. I found Jay Ham's article very helpful to a newbie pack maker. Jay's article Look at several...

In Make Your Own Gear » Which pack Ray-Way or G4
August 24, 7:50pm

Re: The Third Pack The Beginning
Brendan, Thank you. >>Also, I have found that I don't really need a compression system other than a few grosgrain loops on the sides which will take a cord.<< Ditto. My p...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Third Pack The Beginning
August 22, 10:53pm

Re: My Daughter's First Backpacking Trip
Tom, I started hiking a little over two years ago. Recently, my wife and I met our two sons (26 and 33)and our oldest's girlfriend for a day hike at the Cedar Grove Preserve in Dallas, TX. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » My Daughter's First Backpacking Trip
August 22, 4:38pm

Re: Finalized tie outs I used on my tarp
Brendan, Thread drift alert! Those colors in that last picture are positively surreal! +1 for great work on this thread and your tarp. :-) Party On, Newton

In Make Your Own Gear » Joann Fabrics Grosgrain Ribbon for tarp tie out loops
August 21, 8:06pm

Re: Has lightweight packing really caught on?
I believe it has caught on. But it is not the most prevalent style on the trail. On a ten day section hike in the first two weeks of June of this year on our first night of camping there were...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Has lightweight packing really caught on?
August 21, 7:49pm

My MYOG 4.90 ounce "Third Pack"
Here are some pictures of my completed "Third Pack" project. This post was supposed to have a lot more detail but we lost power just as I was about to post it and I lost every letter, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Third Pack The Beginning
August 21, 5:07pm

Re: Free Grosgrain
Lawson, "I WANT ONE" Thank you very much! ;-) PM with shipping address sent. Party On, Newton

In Make Your Own Gear » Free Grosgrain
August 21, 5:07am

Re: Florida Backpacking
Charles, http://www.floridahikes.com/ http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/PDF/Florida_Hiking_Trails.pdf http://www.thebackpacker.com/trails/fl/ Party On, Newton

In GEAR » Florida Backpacking
August 20, 6:11am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's wrong with my Gnat?
Stuart, Are all other parts of the stove above the orange "valve bit" assembled tightly before and after the testing? Excess air in the mixture? Can there be anything blocking the ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Monatauk Gnat Stove Review
August 18, 4:10pm

Re: Re: Re: re: I've got a Flat!
Roger, Thank you for the compliment and for fixing my broken compass. :-) :-) I made the neccessary repairs to my compass and edited the link in my post. ;-) Party On, Newton

In Make Your Own Gear » I've got a Flat!
August 18, 1:21pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm