Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1531 - 1540 of 2124 | Page: 1 ...145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ...213

Forum » Thread

Re compensation
+1 on "charasmatic megafouna" I think you nailed what tends to happen. In my opinion personifing an animal makes it a debate about emotions which isn't a good thing to base wildlife ...

In Chaff » Wolf kill confirmed in Alaska
December 08, 11:08am

Wolves and Livestock
Apparently a wolf made it down form Wyoming to Colorado a while back. I think thats cool, I hope we get some wolves in Colorado. RMNP would seem to be a good place for them. On the other hand I&...

December 08, 9:59am

Re Why Wolves?
I don't think this case really changes the debate for those who were involved in the before. Wolf kills had been documented in other areas and in the more distant pass in the US. There were e...

December 08, 8:21am

PFD
Okay I'm not a packrafter yet but I'd lean towards keeping a PFD not using "The Thing." I had to swim through some nasty rapids last spring with a cheapy PFD that wasn't real...

In Gear Lists » 2012 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic gear list
December 08, 7:17am

This is why BPL is great
The fact that this thread has not devolved into bashing a certain former Alaskan governor is a very good reason why I keep coming back to BPL. If you want some free entertainment just read the com...

December 07, 9:42pm

Re RE Wolf kill confirmed in Alaska
Maybe now we can have a more rational discussion about the issue. On the one hand you have people with unreasonable fear of everything in the wild. Look the chance of you being attacked by any wi...

December 07, 11:33am

Good Write Up
Good review. Considering the price of a quilt and a insulated jacket thats a good value. Personally though as I've said before I'm leery of using single down item for both sleeping and ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Jacks ‘R’ Better Sierra Stealth Quilt Review
December 07, 9:31am

Very Sad
Very sad. Two non-fatal wolf attacks have been documented in Canada and wolves may have killed one man as well although there is some debate about whether it was a wolf or a bear in that case. Th...

December 07, 9:27am

Water Bladder
I talked to a runner on a 50 miler in Texas and he was doing the liquid calorie thing. He seemed to like it but he said he had to tweak the mixture a bit. If I recal it was to thick at one point ...

December 06, 10:21pm

Shoes? Insulation?
David I see you seem to still like the X-Counties. I'm impressed you are confident enough in them to take them on a race like that. I though they might be a bit light? How much do you plan o...

December 06, 8:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.