BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1531 - 1540 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ...211

Forum » Thread

Re Balance
Well if your boys are 5 and 7 they're almost ready to go. I think the worst stage is about 3-5 when they're too big to carry but too small to hike very far. Sounds like you got the 7 year...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you do it?
December 05, 2:05pm

Kids
Cullen how old are your kids/ If you have the feeling that you're "getting away" with a trip you probably need to consider whether you are taking more than your fair share of time....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you do it?
December 05, 12:35pm

How about a "Tent"
Its not a tiny house but here was the approach to living simply in a primitive campsite in North Carolina. We had a couple of water faucets but no electricity. This was from a Wilderness Therapy ...

In Chaff » Tiny house anyone?
December 05, 10:34am

End of SUL packs?
Does this mean Gossamer Gear is discontinuing the silnylon Murmer? That would mean basically the only real SUL packs available would be the Zpacks Blast series. Is it just me or is the market swi...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Murmur Dyneema DX First Look
December 04, 7:38pm

Enter
Very generious Eric happy Christmas!

In Gear Swap » "Free" gift for BPL member
December 04, 5:34pm

My Side of the Mountain and Firewoods Issues
I liked My Side of the Mountain too when I was a kid. My only quibble is the chapter where Sam makes a complete coat out of a single deerskin. Having worked with real deerskins I can tell you no ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wood stove hikers...do you carry a "real" knife?
December 04, 7:05am

As a safety Item
On a training campout in New York I was the only one who could reliably start fires during three days of almost constant rain. I did it because I split my kindling down to where it was dry on the ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wood stove hikers...do you carry a "real" knife?
December 03, 10:53pm

Re Re Jerry
Jerry I guess I wasn't clear but I actually agree on that first point. I'm sure food companies do study the heck out of how to make their food taste better. What I meant was that the long...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
December 03, 2:01pm

Re Jerry
Jerry "There is research that says simple carbohydrates and flavorings make the food addictive but it's not conclusive. You can be sure the food manufacturers have studied the hell out of...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
December 02, 7:02pm

Re Dougles
Haha Dougles I had you in mind when I wrote that up, any improvements? Of course I plan on being one of the smart ones who gets to play with hand grenades.

December 02, 3:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.