Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1521 - 1530 of 1879 | Page: 1 ...144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ...188

Forum » Thread

Re: Need advice on a Backpack
If I could find a Golite Breeze that would be an option as well, but I can't find anywhere that carries them still. I have a size medium breeze that I'll part with. Being beltless, the ...

In GEAR » Need advice on a Backpack
December 13, 9:00am

FS: Marmot Arroyo sleeping bag
For sale, Marmot Arroyo sleeping bag (long) in good condition $150 shipped to CONUS. Paypal preferred. Filled with 775 fill power down (current version comes with 800). It is rated for 30*F a...

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Arroyo sleeping bag
December 11, 9:08pm

re: Clothes, packs, etc
Dale, approx what is the capacity of the largest of the pots?

In Gear Swap » Clothes, packs, etc...
December 09, 11:47am

Re: Which Tarp is the schiznizzle?
I'm a huge HS TarpTent fan but I'm sure that the SixMoonDesigns or MountainLaurelDesigns shelters would do well too. Regarding integrated floors, it depends on where you'll camp. ...

In GEAR » Which Tarp is the schiznizzle?
December 09, 11:43am

FS: Thoroughly tricked out Cloudburst
Sold

In Gear Swap » FS: Thoroughly tricked out Cloudburst
December 06, 4:31am

Re: Re: MYOG 3-man tarp idea
But what about mossies? OZ has skeeters too? Personally, I would double-sew the ridge, then seam seal it using some extra fabric and some silastic. MYOG silnylon seam tape ... interesting ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG 3-man tarp idea
December 04, 2:21pm

Re: Re: Thoughts on This Tent Idea
That's not so different from this A tad shorter and somewhat lower at the foot.

In Make Your Own Gear » Thoughts on This Tent Idea
December 03, 6:41pm

Re: I asked ...
one of them told me there is a Google SketchUp for Dummies out now before walking away in a fit of chortles. Show that guy this (short, chortle)

In Chaff » Google SketchUp
December 03, 6:36pm

Re: what type of pad
There are few gear choices where YMMV applies as much as how cushy your pad needs to be but the 50's will be only a memory for me pretty soon and I'm happy with a prolite 3s in MN/WI Jun-Se...

In GEAR » what type of pad
December 03, 6:31pm

Re: 3 person tarps
What about the Henry Shires Rainshadow 2? I'm a big fan of Henry's shelters and really like the Rainshadow 2 we bought a year ago but hesitated to suggest it here because its hardly in t...

In GEAR » 3-person tarp
December 03, 2:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am