Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1521 - 1530 of 1891 | Page: 1 ...144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ...190

Forum » Thread

Re: Tea light candles, rather than the tins.
KMart grease-pot with the strainer cut down to convert the pot into a steamer Nice idea!

In GEAR » Multiple Tealights
December 31, 2:39am

Re: Skurka looking for expedition ideas
El Camino Inca?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Skurka looking for expedition ideas
December 30, 9:43am

Re: WTB: Down Sleeping bag 20-30 degree/cheap as possible
I have THIS ONE. There's some wiggle room in the price.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Down Sleeping bag 20-30 degree/cheap as possible
December 30, 5:02am

Re: AT Thru-hike sleeping bag
Click here for recent thread on the same topic. If the bag you have is not too snug on you I think you'd get more versatility and bang for the buck by sleeping in it wearing insulated clothi...

In GEAR » AT Thru-hike sleeping bag
December 29, 8:16pm

Re: 0-15 degree sleeping bags
Ultra-light 0*F bags tend to be ultra-heavy on the pocketbook and are desirable in only a narrow range of climate conditions. Assuming that you already have a bag and guessing that it is rated for ...

In GEAR » 0-15 degree sleeping bags
December 27, 10:32pm

Re: Rain wear compromise
I have a friend who's been happy with the same set of Frogg Toggs for at least 4 years. Have stood up to his somewhat careful use on many BSA weekend campouts, two Philmont trips, a couple SHT...

In GEAR » Rain wear compromise
December 27, 11:43am

Re: Jardine's book is in the library
the book is nowhere to be found in our local libraries Ask your librarian about InterLibrary Loan

In GEAR » Beyond Backing - the book by Ray Jardine
December 20, 8:17pm

Re: 2008 Golite Shelters @
also a few size/color combos of the Jam2 pack and maybe some jackets (I didn't check many but most I did were "out of stock")

In GEAR » 2008 Golite Shelters @
December 20, 11:39am

Re: OB instructor tarp setup
David, That's a pretty nice setup, looks like it might handle three? Was it a flat tarp?

In GEAR » Large Tarp Setup?
December 20, 10:18am

Re: Making own fleece vest
If your travel schedule gives you time in a large city you could consider buying a fleece vest in the US. If not, all you have to lose is the cost of the cheap fleece jumper so give it a try. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making own fleece vest
December 16, 9:20am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am