BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Guest

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1521 - 1530 of 1808 | Page: 1 ...144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ...181

Forum » Thread

re: I'll take it
I am getting the same. I was able to PM someone else earlier this week and he was able to get back to me. The book has your name on it. Try again later tonight and let me know if it fails ag...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Travel Light-Eat Heavy
September 07, 3:29pm

Re: Yeah, where can this book be found?
Hmmmm, I am pretty sure I have 2 copies. Do I see an auction opportunity? JUST KIDDING First contact can have the extra for original purchase price (assuming I can determine that) plus maili...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Travel Light-Eat Heavy
September 07, 3:16pm

Re: Custom Clothing
Except that I'd probably want to try it myself, I'd hire my neighbor who is an absolute magician with a sewing machine. You might want to call on a couple small high end clothing stores an...

In Gear Lists » Custom Clothing
September 07, 12:21pm

Re: Tested out the Cuben Hybrid Mid last week!
4.7oz per person for a fully enclosed shelter for 4, or 6.3oz if used by 3 .... very impressive either way. I especially appreciate that you've included guy lines and stakes in your reported w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tested out the Cuben Hybrid Mid last week!
September 06, 1:09pm

Re: Make Your Own Gear: Sealing Silnylon Seams
"Jim Wood's Basecamp" promotes the same idea and it works great. Folks with a postal scale that can report in grams might consider a 3:1 (by weight) slurry ... it's somewhat ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: Sealing Silnylon Seams
September 04, 10:02pm

Re: burner buddy results
I'm guessing that the cardboard burned when the wax level got low enough that cardboard "dried out". I'd be worth a try to bring a supply of small wax chunks that could be adde...

In GEAR » Candle as a stove, anyone?
September 04, 9:50am

Re: Good as new 2007 Granite Gear Latitude Vapor Pack - $110
Roleigh, I'll take it. PM sent (I think).

In Gear Swap » Good as new 2007 Granite Gear Latitude Vapor Pack - $110
September 04, 12:40am

Re: 10 lb base wt not doable at REI?
Au Contrare! Looking at the bigger items: Several of these Several of these shelters work a couple of these packs would fit into a 10 lb base (too bad they don't sell the GG Virga) Seve...

In GEAR » The same question as before with a little more detail...which pack would you choose if you were me?
August 29, 8:36am

Dondo's poncho-tarp setup
Very nice. Do you think it'd work as well if the cord was sewn into a hem on the bug screen?

In GEAR » Poncho Tarps List
August 23, 9:30am

Re: Border Route Trail MN
The Border Route was part of Andrew Skurka's "Ultralight in the Nation's Icebox" trek last January. (listen to podcasts here at BPL) IIRC, he reported a single day on the Border...

In Post-Trip Reports » Border Route Trail MN
August 22, 12:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am