BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1521 - 1530 of 1768 | Page: 1 ...144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ...177

Forum » Thread

GoLite 2008 Litespeed for Sale still available
BUMP Good Saturday morning. :-) This pack is hydration compatible with a 3 liter resevoir. The pack materials are very durable PU coated nylon with a DWR (durable water repellant) finish. It...

In Gear Swap » GoLite 2008 Litespeed for Sale
September 04, 8:13am

Re: Taking my first real UL trip
John, Go for it! Have a great time on your trip. We want pictures and a trip report when you return. In the last 2 years I have dropped 12 pounds from my pack weight and as I think about ...

In GEAR » Taking my first real UL trip
September 04, 7:36am

Re: GoLite 2008 Litespeed for Sale still available
It is quite late and I will check for posts and PMs in the morning. Remember if you're interested post "PM Sent" first. Then send me a PM and you will have set your place in line l...

September 04, 12:43am

Re:"GoLite 2008 Litespeed for Sale"
I have received a number of PMs from interested parties. Each interested party has been sent a message, in the order in which I received their PMs, that they need to post on the thread "PM ...

September 03, 11:20pm

Very Low Mileage GoLite 2008 Litespeed pack for Sale
This 2008 model pack is a men's large that has only been driven on the trail one 24 hour period. Other than that it has only been taken on training walks. This very nice, panel loading sty...

September 03, 2:55pm

The Pictures of a Cure for the Slithering Hiker
Dan, The weather and my schedule finally cooperated. Here are the pics hot off of the SD chip. ;-) It is 31 inches from the tops of the blades of grass in my yard to the zipper...

In Make Your Own Gear » A Cure for the Slithering Hiker
September 03, 2:01pm

Re: GoLite 2008 Litespeed for Sale still available
Mark, Thanks. My scale and your scale need to have a talk. ;-) This is the second time that I have heard that my scale seems to be giving me "heavy" weights. :-( The good news...

September 03, 7:18am

GoLite 2008 Litespeed for Sale still available
Labor Day Weekend Bump ;-) Party On, Newton

September 03, 6:49am

Re: Meteor
Ed, Hikers helping hikers is what it is all about. ;-) Party On, Newton

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Newbie with a question
September 02, 5:28pm

Re: "GoLite 2008 Litespeed for Sale"
@Dan, Thanks Dan. :-) I actually do hate to part with it but right now I own 3 day packs, 1 lumbar pack, 1 traditional pack, the Litespeed and 2 MYOG packs. I also have one more MYOG pack 90...

September 02, 3:52pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm