BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1521 - 1530 of 1746 | Page: 1 ...144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: A Cure for the Slithering Hiker
@ Dan, Thanks for the kind words. :-) @ Roger, 8' x 10' rectangular flat tarp made out of Polymax 42 Spinnaker fabric. I used 3/4" grosgrain ribbon to make six tieouts and pu...

In Make Your Own Gear » A Cure for the Slithering Hiker
August 29, 5:47pm

A Cure for the Slithering Hiker
During my last trip I found out that I did not like slithering under the front beak of my silnylon tarp to gain entry. I made up my mind to find a cure for this problem when I returned home....

In Make Your Own Gear » A Cure for the Slithering Hiker
August 28, 3:50pm

Re: Re: Wide foam pad source?
Eugene, I PM'd you. Try looking here for info on making an embedded link. Sorry for the thread drift everyone. :-) Party On, Newton

In GEAR » Wide foam pad source?
August 28, 8:34am

Re: Re: Re: There Ought To Be A Rule
Bob, Temporary Lodging Allowance, Temporary Living Allowance, Training Level Assignment, Telephone Line Adapter, True Love Always, Top Level Alarm, Talk-Listen-Action, Terminal Low Altitude, Ten...

In Chaff » There Ought To Be A Rule
August 27, 9:02pm

There Ought To Be A Rule
Am I the only person who has had to resort to Googling an acronym in a particular thread to completely understand what is being said? There should be a rule for the benefit of those of us that a...

In Chaff » There Ought To Be A Rule
August 27, 5:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Tales from a newbie
Dan, I hope these pictures help with the construction of the bottom of your pack. The red bandana is there for contrast to aid in visualizing the "articulated fold" that Mark wa...

In Make Your Own Gear » one ounce pack
August 27, 3:24pm

Re: And even more pictures of the one ounce pack
Mark, I'm still in 4 pieces and needing some insight. I have two compelted pack straps, a main bag and a 90% complete pack lid. ;-) In your original design was the lid supposed to have an...

August 25, 11:22am

Re: Tales from a newbie
Dan, I have an 80 to 85% completed example of Mark's 1 oz pack done in grey silnylon. It is presently residing under the sewing machine in a plastic bag pending completion. I began with t...

August 25, 11:08am

Re: Long links
Jeff, Thank you Jeff. I may be an old dog but I am willing to learn a few new tricks. :-) Party On, Newton

In Make Your Own Gear » Which pack Ray-Way or G4
August 25, 9:34am

Re: Re: Which pack Ray-Way or G4
Jason, Here is a link that details the instructions for making the G4 pack. This could help in your making a decision as to which kit you might go with. MYOG G4 Edited to provide activ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Which pack Ray-Way or G4
August 25, 8:05am

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm