BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1521 - 1530 of 1991 | Page: 1 ...144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ...200

Forum » Thread

Soreness
I had a similar experience to Henk as far as hiking in minimal shoes. I hiked about 175 miles of the Colorado Trail in a pair of La Sportiva X-Country. I've never heard much about these in ...

In Philosophy & Technique » "Best way to run"
November 10, 6:36pm

Daylight
Don't forget the benefit of going south is that you get a bit more daylight to enjoy wherever you are. I don't know the daylight difference between Utah and Big Bend but I'd be inlined ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Some place to be in February
November 10, 4:56pm

Re Re Re Re Ideas
I haven't played with an Ohm much, sounds like they are a bit better than I would have thought. I agree with the concern about straight stays. I might try protyping with cheap material and ...

In GEAR » No one wants a 40 liter 15 ounce framed pack right ?
November 10, 4:48pm

Re Re Ideas
Well I hope I'll see your ideas someday, I agree start with a frame and work around that. One way to save some weight might be smaller packs. For SUL style loads you only need 1500-2000 cub...

November 10, 4:10pm

Thanks
Thanks for the gear list. I'm still wondering how the extra small zilch is too big. Isn't it something like 1000 cubic inches? I always felt like I needed about 1500 cubic inches at leas...

In Gear Swap » Packs: Zpacks Cuben, Zpacks dyneema, Gossamer Gear
November 10, 3:44pm

Ideas
Okay now that I stated all my complaints and Javen has given some things to think about anybody got an idea how to make a SUL pack other than carbon fiber stays on the side. No offense to those wh...

November 10, 3:40pm

Twisting problems?
I agree that I don't see the point of adding stays to some frameless packs. My problem with frameless packs is not that the "frame" i.e. folded foam pad, collapses under weight. I r...

November 10, 3:30pm

Zilch Question
Brian if the Zilch is too big I'm dying to know what your gear list is like.

In Gear Swap » Packs: Zpacks Cuben, Zpacks dyneema, Gossamer Gear
November 10, 2:50pm

Its about time
I've been thinkings its about time for a SUL style pack with a frame. I've been surprised there hasn't been more interest in the zpacks exo pack.

November 10, 8:22am

Permits for Witchita Mountains
I just googled it. Apparently you have to get permits for the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge to backpack and the number is limited so you might have to plan ahead (on the other hand this might ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » HELP!!!! PLACES TO PACK IN TO A CAMPSITE IN OKLAHOM
November 09, 8:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.