Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brad Groves (4quietwoods) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Michigan
About Me Mostly longer trips without resupply, in what usually seems to be cold and wet conditions. Over two decades of backcountry travel including backpacking and canoe tripping. I consider Marquette to be my home, but I currently live down-state. Many years as a buyer in specialty outdoor retail.
My PDF Gear Listalways changing

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brad Groves

Showing 1521 - 1530 of 1559 | Page: 1 ...137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156

Forum » Thread

under there
Big fan of talcum/baby powder with a boxer brief chaser... and always bring a few baby wipes.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A delicate issue ...
July 14, 10:39am

Looks great!
Nicely done. Rain and bug protection, what a great combination. I like that the netting sidewalls rise as high as they do; it should help minimize contact with the fly, condensation concerns if the...

In Make Your Own Gear » BILGY tent
July 14, 10:28am

durability
I don't understand why silk would have durability problems. I mean, most of my experience has been with some of my boxers and a shirt or two. I have several silk long underwear bottoms/tops tha...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silk sleeping bag?
July 14, 10:24am

Outdoor Research
Another company making Event shells is Westcomb (and Integral Designs). If you can make the financing work, I'd try to get an Event shell, the stuff is pretty great. That said, my next shell is...

In GEAR » Rainwear Confusion...
July 14, 10:08am

Big Sky
Yep, Big Sky's probably the way to go. Full disclosure: I am one of his few dealers; we don't have any of his tents in stock right now, but I got a call from him recently saying that he'...

In GEAR » ultimate double wall tent
July 14, 9:57am

Re: Vapor Trail Fit?
Kyle, the things you're saying all kind of work against each other. If you bought this from a shop and were "fitted" for it, then they screwed up. If it's something you bought onl...

In GEAR » Vapor Trail Fit?
July 13, 10:03am

Different?
Brett, I think the corrugated bag I'm talking about is a different one. I looked on the MPI website and didn't see it or the vest they make out of the same material. Both are available thro...

In GEAR » Warmth without high lofting insulation?
July 13, 9:32am

stainless
Yeah, Dennis-thanks. It was a stupid question; if I'd only opened my eyes a bit more before typing... Good news is, both of your stoves look great!

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Inverted Downdraft Woodgas Stove - My Attempt
July 12, 1:01pm

12mm downproof?
Roger, thanks. If I used 12mm silk, it'd come out to about 1.5oz/yd. This project isn't exactly a gram-cracker; would the 12mm be more downproof?

In Make Your Own Gear » Silk sleeping bag?
July 12, 8:22am

Waterproofing Breathability
First, I'd second (;P) Roger's post and keeping the leather in good shape. From the original post, I'm not sure if by "breathable" shoe we're talking waterproof-breathable...

In GEAR » Waterproofing trail shoes - is it worthwhile?
July 12, 8:19am

All Reader Reviews by Brad Groves

Brad Groves has posted no reviews.