David Olsen (oware) - BPL Guest

My Locale Steptoe Butte
About Me Manufacturer Tarps, Tents, Bivys, Packs and Bags
since 1985.

Blog http://cattarp.wordpress.com/

email do@owareusa.com
StateWA
My Website URLhttp://shop.bivysack.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Olsen

Showing 1511 - 1520 of 1772 | Page: 1 ...143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ...178

Forum » Thread

Web site coupon corrected
Sorry for the issues. Web site went back to a default setting over the weekend. The coupon should work again.

In Gear Deals » New Alphamini and 20% off at Oware Online Shopping Cart
December 22, 9:38am

moon dust and bikes
I know what the trails around here look like at the end of the season. The mountain bike trails that parallel the PCT are ankle deep in dust. I like to ride too.

In Philosophy & Technique » Mountain Bikes Being Allowed On Natl. Park Trails
December 20, 5:56pm

Re: 4 Season Tarp?
Pyramids do very well in the wind and are the classic Arctic/Antarctic tent shape. I have had a mid stand up to winds in Eastern Oregon that blew down and broke poles in a large North Face Dome. ...

In GEAR » 4 Season Tarp?
December 18, 12:57pm

New Alphamini and 20% off at Oware Online Shopping Cart
bivysack.com http://www.shop.bivysack.com/main.sc coupon code is bplscouts gets 20% off all products Alphamid 4' wide 8' long 5'3" tall 13.5 oz. grey silnylon see pict...

In Gear Deals » New Alphamini and 20% off at Oware Online Shopping Cart
December 17, 1:50pm

Re: Dogs and Leave no trace?
Some things I do to mitigate my dog's impact. A Have him carry a dog pack with his food, sleeping and water gear. This really works, especially for enthusiastic dogs, to slow them down. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dogs and Leave no trace?
December 17, 12:41pm

Re: 4 Season Tarps
Show coverage when the door is open, say when cooking just outside the door. You will find with the duo you will be letting in a lot of snow/rain.

In GEAR » 4 Season Tarp?
December 17, 9:27am

Don't practice in snowplow berms.
One of the things we have to remind the kids when they are learning to build snow caves. You can't hear the plows coming.

In GEAR » Do I really need a bivy for snow camping?
December 16, 6:00pm

Re: synthetic clothing instead?
I have had great luck with a synthetic overbag. For years I used a Camp7 polarguard overbag. By itself it was good to about 45 F. I have also had good luck with pulling my insulating top clo...

In GEAR » Do I really need a bivy for snow camping?
December 16, 5:58pm

What about the Cows? "and I won't crap in the stream either."
My friend who works for the state Water Quality Board refuses to pay the $10 a day special fee they charge in Desolation Wilderness for hikers. He says he will happily pay what the ranchers ...

December 15, 6:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Dogs and Leave no trace?
I got a bad eye infection from that horse sh*t dust in the trail backpacking in SEKI. It felt like snowblindness and if I hadn't had others around to help me get out, it could have been serio...

December 15, 6:22pm

All Reader Reviews by David Olsen

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
Ordered several emergency bivys for Christmas presents. They sent the wrong item-an inferior space blanket bag. They did send a UPS call tag, but then called to say the item was discontinued. We wi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:54pm

Basegear.com
They sent a match safe that was too short to hold matches. I had to pay $2 in shipping to get a $4 refund.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:48pm

Liberty Aluminum Match Safe
The match safe, purchased from Basegear, is too short for the matches (Diamond strike anywhere kitchen matches). When the lid is screwed on, the tips scrap against the bottom and top of the safe ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
January 04, 2:42pm