BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1511 - 1520 of 1749 | Page: 1 ...143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: "GoLite 2008 Litespeed for Sale"
@Dan, Thanks Dan. :-) I actually do hate to part with it but right now I own 3 day packs, 1 lumbar pack, 1 traditional pack, the Litespeed and 2 MYOG packs. I also have one more MYOG pack 90...

In Gear Swap » GoLite 2008 Litespeed for Sale
September 02, 3:52pm

Re: GoLite 2008 Litespeed for Sale
Bump

September 02, 10:31am

Re: Got it
Ed, Check this out. Meteor Bivy For Sale The seller is open to offers. Party On, Newton

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Newbie with a question
September 01, 7:44pm

Re: size
Robert, I am sorry for omitting it from my original post. :-( It is a size L (large). I will edit my original post to include the size. Thanks, Newton

September 01, 7:11pm

GoLite 2008 Litespeed SOLD
EDITED TO INDICATE SOLD Edited to indicate sale is pending $60.00 USD shipped CONUS Paypal only please. This is a men's 2008 model GoLite Litespeed pack that was purchased new 3/31/...

September 01, 6:32pm

Re: Thanks again!
Ed, >>I am going to buy that pattern << You can download it free on the Six Moon Designs website. Click on the active link in this post and it will take you right to the patt...

September 01, 3:10pm

Re: re: plastic bag
Mina, Thanks for the detailed response to my question regarding the airflow. I wonder if a plastic bag with a larger opening held up at one point to the ridge line like a bug net would do the tr...

September 01, 11:44am

Re: plastic bag
Mina, The wisdom of experience is worth its weight in gold. I would have thought that the "open" top of the plastic bag would have allowed the water vapor to escape. How large of a ...

September 01, 4:54am

Re: Newbie with a question
Ed, Go to Gossamer Gear's Site and watch Glen's setup video where he describes the "storm setup". Face the foot end of your tarp into the prevailing wind when you set it u...

August 31, 3:47pm

Re: A Cure for the Slithering Hiker
Dan M., Weather seems to want to cooperate but my schedule doesn't. Here is a link to my inspiration for this modification. Pictures of mine will be forthcoming. ;-) Party On, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » A Cure for the Slithering Hiker
August 31, 3:18pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm