Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brad Groves (4quietwoods) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Michigan
About Me Mostly longer trips without resupply, in what usually seems to be cold and wet conditions. Over two decades of backcountry travel including backpacking and canoe tripping. I consider Marquette to be my home, but I currently live down-state. Many years as a buyer in specialty outdoor retail.
My PDF Gear Listalways changing

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brad Groves

Showing 1511 - 1520 of 1559 | Page: 1 ...137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156

Forum » Thread

Research
David, you're absolutely right in many of your assertions, and you make several insightful comments about the differences--thanks! For the record, yeah, I like the HP better, too. I just don...

In GEAR » Hubba Hubba vs Hubba Hubba HP
July 16, 5:18pm

hmmm
Colin, thanks for posting. Allison, I guess I'm re-intrigued. Keep us posted! I like the idea of the silk end baffle/cuben flap--perhaps even one on each end? Just sitting here thinking as I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuban quilt...it's gotta be done
July 16, 11:07am

Keep it up!
Tony, your work is truly inspirational. I think that most of us have blown off any fuss on this thread as overwrought dramatics. Please keep us updated with your experiments! (What can I say? There...

In Make Your Own Gear » 8.8g SUUL remate canister stove
July 16, 10:57am

Weight:cost
Consider the weight:cost ratio, too. $150 USD for 3 ounces less weight in the HP--is it worth it? Personally, I'd suggest you make the decision based more on properties/performance of the inner...

In GEAR » Hubba Hubba vs Hubba Hubba HP
July 16, 10:54am

Compressive alternative
Just a thought-I've never been a huge fan of compression sacks. IMHO, they're too much fuss and heavier than necessary. What I use instead are simple dry sacks. Sea to Summit has some nice ...

In GEAR » extra - extra small compession sack ?
July 16, 10:48am

Re: Double Walled Tents
Hi Roger- It's kind of weird, and kind of neat, that it's so easy to forget that we come from all over the world on this site. I hadn't even considered Australian (or other nationaliti...

In GEAR » ultimate double wall tent
July 15, 10:57am

Neato Nesting
Not SUL, just SUC (Super Ultra Cool)- (Haven't posted pics before, stuff above looks weird, sorry if they didn't come out.) Snowpeak Litemax, 110g fuel, Stacking mug M600, Titan k...

In GEAR » What kind of pot, mug or kettle do you use?
July 14, 9:15pm

Re: Re: durability
As always, thoughtful comments Roger. Maybe natural fibers should be a different thread, although it sounds like you've found no place for them in your outdoor wardrobe. I do a decent bit of st...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silk sleeping bag?
July 14, 7:56pm

Condensation
Allison, I was getting all geeked up about making a Cuben quilt too. But I read a post somewhere here where someone (most likely Bill?) had built an all-cuben quilt or bag--and had condensation pro...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuban quilt...it's gotta be done
July 14, 7:48pm

Re: Re: Double Walled Tents
Roger, you're the only person I've ever encountered who feels that double-wall tents are just single walls (albeit with "an inner bug net"). The type of tent you refer to as "...

In GEAR » ultimate double wall tent
July 14, 7:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Brad Groves

Brad Groves has posted no reviews.