BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1501 - 1510 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ...211

Forum » Thread

Wow
Wow that got long in a hurry! William you're being gutsy starting your own business good for you. Here's two ideas once you get the website fixed up. 1. You also want to start wor...

In GEAR » Alter Ego backpacking gear update
December 13, 2:18pm

Re Cabin bound is better than tent bound
I like the cabin idea. I know in some areas you can also rent out old fire lookouts, that sounds like fun. Space is nice in bad weather so a larger tarp is a good idea. With kids we've don...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » tent bound with kids
December 13, 1:26pm

Frame?
Looks like an awesome pack. Thats more or less what I've been thinking about making except with dyneema X. Something small enough for summer trips but big enough for longer or colder trips, p...

In GEAR » New Zimmerbuilt cuben pack
December 13, 9:08am

Cool
I'll look forward to seeing your ideas. I like the idea of a light framed pack. Ideas for the website. Shrink the font size a bit or change the margins so it fits on a computer page, I think...

In GEAR » Alter Ego backpacking gear update
December 12, 4:35pm

My thoughts
Broad thoughts I like your content but I think it might be good to make lightweight backpackign more attractive before going into specifics. There are two extremes when people look at UL backpa...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Critique my University of Scouting dissertation draft
December 12, 1:06pm

Re Re Re Re Fat Folks
"Society also needs to reverse the trend of individuals blaming anything and everything but themselves." +1 on that. Now if we could just develop an Iphone app for that...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
December 10, 6:47pm

Re Re Fat Folk
"2/3 of U.S. smoked Government and private efforts happened now, only 1/3 of U.S. smokes we should do the same with obesity" We should certainly encourage healthy eating and lifes...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
December 10, 6:13pm

Re Yes Maybe
I'm pretty sure I burned off most of my excess body fat. I forgot to weight myself before the trip but I could look in the mirror and tell I was skinnier at the end of the trip. Brian I thi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Transitioning from 3-4 Day Trips to Two Weeks (and Beyond)
December 09, 6:44pm

Being pragmatic
Dean thanks for all the info. In my opinion the game managment plan for the Wyoming wolves was silly. Regardless of what they thought of wolves, did they really think they could sneak somethin...

In Chaff » Wolf kill confirmed in Alaska
December 09, 11:05am

Question
NM

In Gear Swap » FS: Packs. MLD / Golite/ BPL
December 08, 9:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.