Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1501 - 1510 of 2141 | Page: 1 ...142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ...215

Forum » Thread

Re Franco
"How long is a cotton picking minute" Franco a cotton picking minute is much shorter than a Coon's Age. I believe its a bit longer than a "New York Minute" if only because...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Questions Regarding Pounds and Ounces
January 04, 5:12pm

Re Re Wow
Well things weren't clear earlier so lets define the terms. Autistic Spectrum Disorders - This is a real LEGAL disablity. I wish there was a drug for it but I'm unaware of one. Kids ...

In Chaff » US only medical conditions
January 04, 2:56pm

Wow
Wow lets clarify a few things. "The pharmaceutical industry creates many new disorders. Oh, and they just happen to have a drug to fix it..." Tell that the French mom I worked with ...

January 04, 2:17pm

RE Sarah
Sarah you hang in there! I know thats a tough situtation and I applaud you for your lonely and underappreciated work. For the record I've worked with kids with Asbergers. Sarah is absulute...

January 04, 2:05pm

Modify This Pack
My brother has used a Jansport Big Bear on some of his mountaineering trips and says its worked well so far. It supposedly has 5500 cubic inches of space but that might be a bit optimistic. Its n...

In GEAR » Pack for long torso w/ bear canister
January 04, 10:33am

Best of 2011
1. Olympus Stylus Tough Camera - I've dropped one camera, lost another in a canoe upest, and had two more quit working for unexplained reasons (dust working in possibly). Finally I spent the ...

In GEAR » 2011 Backpacking Light Reader Picks
January 04, 10:25am

Easy way to figure
If you want to convert between grams, ounces pounds or whatever just type it in as a google search, for example "32 oz. to pounds." and the the search reasult should give you the answer.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Questions Regarding Pounds and Ounces
January 03, 6:04pm

Re Re Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
Good points Jamie, I hadn't really thought about exactly WHEN it became possible to put together an UL kit with mainstream gear so maybe things haven't changed all that much. My only dif...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
January 03, 6:01pm

In Defense of the Gear Shop and Ryan
In defense of the former gear shop I always got good customer service. Addie and Sam where very easy to work with when there were some complications (long story but basically I was paying them for...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
January 03, 9:55am

Thanks Dave
Thanks Dave. I agree the hipbelt is crucial. I looked at the hipbelt on my Absaroka pack and noticed something new. The hipbelt actually fits around the bottom of the stay (similar to the pack p...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help Me Design the Ultimate Pack
December 30, 7:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.