November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Patrick S (xpatrickxad) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Upper East TN
About Me Patrick S has not added a biography yet.
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Patrick S

Showing 151 - 160 of 178 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Svea 123R
I thru hiked last year and met a buddy that used a SVEA 123R and I fell in love. I've been wanting one ever since. They're just so loud, heavy and beautiful to not love.

In Editor's Roundtable » Everything Weighs Something
May 07, 11:38pm

Re: swift
I just got mine Tuesday and will be using it for a quick overnighter this weekend. I like the fit and everything, but I probably will change the tall side pocket if I don't find a good reason t...

In GEAR » SMD new '10 Swift pack is shipping!
May 07, 11:22am

re: zippers
I've owned right, left and center zips. I'm right handed and find its much easier to have a left zip and even in a roomy bag the right zip is a pain to me. I really like my center half zip,...

In GEAR » Right or left zip?
April 29, 10:53pm

Re floor or not
I like the idea of floorless when I'm at home looking at specs, but when I'm in the mountains and mice are crawling on and underneath my tent I'm happy I have a floor.

In GEAR » Floor vs No Floor
April 17, 10:01am

Re: SUL Recycled Poly Pack
I really like this idea. Maybe I'll get one for days or just around town. I'd like to hear your thoughts after you use it a bit more.

In GEAR » $20 @ 5.1 oz. SUL Recycled Poly (PET) Pack
April 16, 10:49pm

Thats a good little trip that I may have to copy soon. I've been meaning to get back to that end of the park and take my lady to Shuckstack. Although I have to admit fire towers make me a bit...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24: GSMNP Twentymile / Gregory Bald / Shuckstack Loop
March 30, 2:00pm

RE: tights
I hate baggy hiking pants. I rock some running shorts and when its cold or chilly some Patagonia tights over them. Definitely not mosquito proof, but they're better than bare legs.

In GEAR » Under Armour and walking in tights..
March 30, 12:15pm

Re: ULA Camino
On my AT thru last year the top 3 brands of packs I saw were Granite Gear, Osprey and ULA. Shelters on the other hand were more onesided with a majority being a Shires Tarp Tent. So I'd say th...

In GEAR » ULA Camino
March 25, 11:01am

RE UL Grizz repellent
Maybe if you tell us where you're going some people could provide better information and a possible solution and there would be less wild guesses and speculation on our part.

In GEAR » UL Grizzly Bear Repellent
March 07, 4:25pm

re: water pockets
I've thought about this before, and the only two problems I could think of were: The bottles could get in the way of your arms when your hiking and I could see them bouncing around a lot more.

In GEAR » What I would like to see on a pack...
March 07, 11:33am

All Reader Reviews by Patrick S

Patrick S has posted no reviews.