BPL Community Profile

Patrick S (xpatrickxad) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Upper East TN
About Me Patrick S has not added a biography yet.
StateTN
My Website URLhttp://patrickofeasttn.blogspot.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Patrick S

Showing 151 - 160 of 178 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Svea 123R
I thru hiked last year and met a buddy that used a SVEA 123R and I fell in love. I've been wanting one ever since. They're just so loud, heavy and beautiful to not love.

In Editor's Roundtable » Everything Weighs Something
May 07, 11:38pm

Re: swift
I just got mine Tuesday and will be using it for a quick overnighter this weekend. I like the fit and everything, but I probably will change the tall side pocket if I don't find a good reason t...

In GEAR » SMD new '10 Swift pack is shipping!
May 07, 11:22am

re: zippers
I've owned right, left and center zips. I'm right handed and find its much easier to have a left zip and even in a roomy bag the right zip is a pain to me. I really like my center half zip,...

In GEAR » Right or left zip?
April 29, 10:53pm

Re floor or not
I like the idea of floorless when I'm at home looking at specs, but when I'm in the mountains and mice are crawling on and underneath my tent I'm happy I have a floor.

In GEAR » Floor vs No Floor
April 17, 10:01am

Re: SUL Recycled Poly Pack
I really like this idea. Maybe I'll get one for days or just around town. I'd like to hear your thoughts after you use it a bit more.

In GEAR » $20 @ 5.1 oz. SUL Recycled Poly (PET) Pack
April 16, 10:49pm

RE: GSMNP
Thats a good little trip that I may have to copy soon. I've been meaning to get back to that end of the park and take my lady to Shuckstack. Although I have to admit fire towers make me a bit...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24: GSMNP Twentymile / Gregory Bald / Shuckstack Loop
March 30, 2:00pm

RE: tights
I hate baggy hiking pants. I rock some running shorts and when its cold or chilly some Patagonia tights over them. Definitely not mosquito proof, but they're better than bare legs.

In GEAR » Under Armour and walking in tights..
March 30, 12:15pm

Re: ULA Camino
On my AT thru last year the top 3 brands of packs I saw were Granite Gear, Osprey and ULA. Shelters on the other hand were more onesided with a majority being a Shires Tarp Tent. So I'd say th...

In GEAR » ULA Camino
March 25, 11:01am

RE UL Grizz repellent
Maybe if you tell us where you're going some people could provide better information and a possible solution and there would be less wild guesses and speculation on our part.

In GEAR » UL Grizzly Bear Repellent
March 07, 4:25pm

re: water pockets
I've thought about this before, and the only two problems I could think of were: The bottles could get in the way of your arms when your hiking and I could see them bouncing around a lot more.

In GEAR » What I would like to see on a pack...
March 07, 11:33am

All Reader Reviews by Patrick S

Patrick S has posted no reviews.