Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 151 - 160 of 3558 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...356

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fundamental Oneness
I can absolutely agree with many of the examples you give of people who live in hardship yet rise above or those that appear too be living well yet are miserable inside. But that's still a sim...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
March 29, 12:33am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fundamental Oneness
Thank you. I'm pretty familiar with Christianity (primarily Evangelical and those with a belief in biblical innerancy) but I wasn't sure how you were using the term. I think that you and ...

March 28, 11:21pm

Re: Attaching to NeoAir
Just clamped and glued with seam grip. Beyond lengthening my pad, it's a trick I use on all my inflatables to keep the pillow in place. On closed cell foam, I add grommets.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cut NeoAir and Montbell pillow system
March 28, 8:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fundamental Oneness
I don't find it a very radical idea at all Justin, just common sense, and this line of thinking certainly predates Jesus. Plenty of people exude nothing but love and kindness and in turn are s...

March 28, 8:32pm

Re: Re: Fundamental Oneness
So what is this "Kingdom of God" that exists inside of us or amongst us that you and Justin refer to? It strikes me as "insider" language and I really have no idea what, specif...

March 28, 4:15pm

Cut NeoAir and Montbell pillow system
I was gifted a cut NeoAir by a BPL member a few years ago. He cut it down to 42" and apparently had troubles resealing it, as well as trouble with a few small holes in it. I was able to ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cut NeoAir and Montbell pillow system
March 27, 11:28pm

Re: Re: WTB Esbit Tri Wing Stove
http://www.amazon.com/Esbit-Titanium-Stove/dp/B00CHHSVJ6

In Gear Swap » WTB Esbit Tri Wing Stove
March 27, 10:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Long-term water usage in California
"Short and Long term the best idea is probably to move..." Problem for me is that my wife physically and emotionally thrives on sunshine and heat. It would no doubt end in a murder/su...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Snowpack 2015
March 27, 9:24pm

Re: Re: Re: "To Rain Jacket ... or ... Not to Rain Jacket"
Multiday trips in the High Sierra without rain gear? No. Multiday trips in my local mountains or the Mojave without rain gear? Absolutely. It all depends….location, duration, forecasts, s...

In Philosophy & Technique » To Rain Jacket ... or ... Not to Rain Jacket
March 27, 10:22am

Re: Hacking Wool Slacks?
My buddy Adan (also on this site sometimes) has been hiking in some thrift store wool pants for who knows how long now....couple of seasons? They look like they do the job to me. I own some Patag...

In Multiple Use Gear » Hacking Wool Slacks?
March 27, 7:50am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm