BPL Community Profile

David Wills (willspower3) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale David Wills hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me 25 years old. AT 2009, PCT 2011.
StateGA
CountryUSA or S. Korea
My PDF Gear ListPCT 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Wills

Showing 151 - 160 of 479 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...48

Forum » Thread

Re: Where to get Driducks?
http://www.thegearlessmachine.com/dridura1.html They have drop stoppers (same thing) for $15 free shipping, or dri ducks for $3 more.

In GEAR » Where to get Driducks?
November 24, 9:42pm

Re: Lightest white gas stove?
i think the simmerlite is

In GEAR » Lightest white gas stove?
November 15, 4:26pm

Re: alcohol stove for small quanties ?
I use a supercat stove made out of these 3.5oz capacity cans: http://jwbasecamp.com/Articles/SuperCat/index.html http://www.mexgrocer.com/2567.html It works with my 550ml mug and small p...

In GEAR » alcohol stove for small quanties ?
November 15, 2:29pm

Re: Gear List
PM sent

In GEAR » Looking for help breaking the 5lb barrier
November 14, 11:04am

Re: Re: North Bound
Thats hardcore! I'm jealous of the 12 days of rain he had on his NOBO section. Its crazy to think with a small change in shelter (mld cuben monk tarp and bug bivy), he could have dropped anothe...

November 13, 1:01pm

Re: North Bound
Starting mid march, you will want a 20* bag for sure and keep it until mid VA at least. You will also want a full set of dry clothes in addition to what you hike in, so 1 set of short sleeves/ shor...

November 13, 11:11am

Re: Looking for help breaking the 5lb barrier
To start, even for most seasoned ULers, sub 5 on a thru hike is a stretch goal. Weekends its ok, but you will be dealing with lots of varying temperatures, rain, and keeping your mental state sati...

November 12, 5:50pm

Re: scavenging parts
I scavenge whenever a piece gets 'retired' or modified. This goes for non gear too, like my little sisters old school packs. zipper pulls, plastic webbing buckles, tabs of velcro, cord lock...

In Make Your Own Gear » scavenging parts
November 12, 10:43am

Re: Thoughts on the Marmot Nano?
A lot of that money goes to pay for the goretex name. From what I've heard, it doesnt seem to perform much better than anything else, often times worse. If you are going to drop some money, go ...

In GEAR » Thoughts on the Marmot Nano?
November 11, 10:43pm

Re: Closed Cell Foam floor for bivy or tent?
it sounds denser than evazote that GG uses, so probably more durable. If you can find it cheap, go ahead and try it and report back. You could always rip the seams and replace it with silnylon. ...

In GEAR » Closed Cell Foam floor for bivy or tent?
November 11, 2:02pm

All Reader Reviews by David Wills

David Wills has posted no reviews.