Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mat Tallman (wehtaM) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Mat Tallman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mat Tallman

Showing 151 - 160 of 235 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Sawyer filter
Because I already drink from a platy hoser while hiking, I just use a Sawyer in-line filter connected to the hose. The filter itself is available at most any Walmart in the outdoors section (it is...

In GEAR » Help me lighten/refine my approach to water treatment (FirstNeed vs. filter+tabs vs. steripen vs. ??)
February 08, 9:38pm

Re: Best Shelter for Wind
"A warmer pad won't help if the wind is taking the warmth away. A warm pad minimizes conductive heat loss." Correct, but read the pad she's using. Wind is only part of the iss...

In GEAR » Best Shelter For Wind
February 08, 9:05pm

Petzl e+lite for 15 bucks
I was browsing my local Gander Mountain this evening, because I have a gift card there I need to use and it's on my way home, and came across the e+lite on sale, marked at $20. Took it to the ...

In Gear Deals » Petzl e+lite for 15 bucks
February 08, 6:12pm

pad
I played with different ways of attaching my foot pad (sit pad) to the bottom of my 3/4 length pad, but ended up deciding that just shoving the small pad into the foot of my bag/quilt was easiest. ...

In GEAR » Putting velcro on a Prolite
February 07, 9:31pm

not enough info
What sort of bag (brand, construction, fill, etc)? What sort of weather? What's underneath you?

In GEAR » How cold can I go in a 40 degree sleeping bag?
February 07, 8:11pm

Terraform
If you end up contacting Aplinlite about a 1-man terraform, let us know what you hear back from them. Their site shows this as a product in development, I'd definitely be interested in one if ...

In GEAR » Fully beaked tarps?
February 06, 5:06pm

late to the party
I JUST bought a pair of these two days ago, same size and everything...wish I would have seen this! Hopefully they find a good home.

In Gear Swap » FS: Montrail Mountain Masochist - Men's 9.5 - $55
February 04, 9:15pm

Re: Re: Sucking water through an inline (gravity) filter?
I'm going to be attempting something along these lines this year as well. With a fresh filter, I can barely tell a difference in suction needed to drink. I imagine as the filter is used, ...

In GEAR » Sucking water through an (gravity) inline filter?
February 03, 9:19pm

bad behavior
Horse People I feel those two words probably sum up, for most people here, what I'm talking about. Most notably, horse people in GSMNP, on the Benton MacKaye in the Cataloochee area. I r...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bad Behavior
February 01, 5:36pm

torso pad
I use a Z-lite 3/4 pad for most of my body, and put the sit pad, that I carry for stops during the day, under my feet. If I can get to sleep on my back, this works fine into the 30s for me (with m...

In GEAR » 3/4 Pads / Torso pads
January 17, 9:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Mat Tallman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

e-OMC (Oregon Mountain Community) Customer Service
Bought a pair of shoes from them (Montrail Mountain Masochists) and got them quickly, as advertised, for a good price. Ordered an Integral Designs Siltarp which leaked terribly out of the box (not ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 26, 1:32pm