BPL Community Profile

Charles Jennings (vigilguy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern Utah
About Me Former Mechanical Engineer in the Aerospace Industry. Changed careers to sales and business development.

I own 6 packgoats and really enjoy their companionship and service while on the trail.
CityDeweyville
StateUtah
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Charles Jennings

Showing 151 - 160 of 212 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Valandre temp ratings
-20 was not an official statement. That was only my experience. I would recommend the bag as a -5 degree bag in order to provide a margin of safety. But I would also suggest that they do some te...

In Gear Deals » New Valandre site
September 03, 8:37pm

Valandre Shocking Blue temp ratings
QUOTE(No offense to anyone, but to the poster who said that they "have used the Shocking Blue in -20 degree temps and was amazed at how warm it kept me" "I just can't believe it....

September 03, 8:03pm

Awesome!
THANKS!!!! This is the kind of deal that I was waiting for!

In Gear Deals » 1 Yr of Backpacker Magazine for $3.99
September 02, 12:00pm

Gransfors Bruks
I also use the Gransfors Bruks hatchet and love the quality. They come razor sharp and hold the edge every well.

In GEAR » Ax & Axes
September 02, 11:45am

Valandre'
Thanks, Doug. Yours is mostly the kind of feedback that I was looking for in the original post, in regards to the site. I also found myself scratching my head on the opening video, but the more t...

September 02, 11:39am

Valandre' pricing on Mirage
Mirage pricing ranges from $429 to $479 depending on size and zip option. It is a legitimate 20 degree bag in my experience. Weight is 24 oz for the medium. Not exactly sure why prices are not...

September 01, 10:24pm

Valandre' Site
Okay... have you found anything GOOD or PRAISEWORTHY about the site? I have also found some things that may need changing, but I have also noticed some positives about the site.

September 01, 2:10pm

New Valandre site
Valandre has completed a major facelift on their website, and I thought that everyone would be interested in checking it out. Niels has included several video clips of the products as well as the ...

September 01, 9:33am

Rab, ID
FWIW, Rab hard shells are sewn in Viet Nam. I own two of them and am pleased with their features and their quality. I also like ID and concur with what Dewey said about their quality - top notc...

In GEAR » Westcomb vs. Rab
August 14, 11:45am

Ask Fritz himself
He's a super nice guy, and really is the one to be asking your queston to, since he is the one that built it. I am sure that he would have a good explanation for the loose fit. I own a ...

In GEAR » Defective Bush Buddy Ultra?
August 14, 6:08am

All Reader Reviews by Charles Jennings

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Caldera F-Keg Titanium Cone
I had the opportunity to go goatpacking with Josh Leavitt of Ti Goat, who hooked me up with a Ti version of the cone that fits with the Fosters can. As I recall, I had complained about how fragile th...

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 22, 4:34pm

Valandre Bloody Mary
I have had the chance to test the Bloody Mary over the last few weeks, so this would be an INITIAL REVIEW, with more to follow. The Bloody Mary, rather than a specialized bag which some of Valandre...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
February 21, 3:26pm

Gossamer Gear
nm

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 21, 3:06pm