Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Charles Jennings (vigilguy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern Utah
About Me Former Mechanical Engineer in the Aerospace Industry. Changed careers to sales and business development.

I own 8 packgoats and really enjoy their companionship and service while on the trail.
CityWillard
StateUtah
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttps://www.bearriveroutfitters.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Charles Jennings

Showing 151 - 160 of 218 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Must've been using a McHale
:))

In Chaff » Only sissies carry less than 75lbs in the Sierras
September 10, 8:04pm

Neoair and 30 degree weather
I was up in the Winds in Wyoming in the middle of August where the temps dipped into the high 20's on two nights then down into the 30's the remaining four nights. Never at any time did I ...

In GEAR » NeoAir & Winter Conditions
September 10, 6:37pm

MK1 XL tents, Hilleberg
(QUOTE) How does this tent hold up in high winds? The profile looks low with shallow angle walls. Tall people, is the XL long enough for someone 6'1"? How does the tent manage moisture in ...

In GEAR » ID MK1 Lite (or similar) users...
September 10, 9:03am

Coleman Xtreme for sale
I have a Coleman Xtreme stove in the gear closet that I won't be using, so I thought I'd sell it. Excellent condition. Has seen little use. I fired it up last night and it works like a...

In Gear Swap » Coleman Xtreme for sale
September 06, 8:19pm

Valandre Shocking Blue Testing
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=16702 James Sweeney did some testing of the Shocking Blue. James is one of the few that under...

In Gear Deals » New Valandre site
September 04, 10:41am

Thanks for the feedback
Valandre has had lots of testers that have taken the Shocking Blue below zero. The bag has been demo'd for several years. I have a hang up myself on the temps posted on the new site and thi...

September 03, 8:41pm

Valandre temp ratings
-20 was not an official statement. That was only my experience. I would recommend the bag as a -5 degree bag in order to provide a margin of safety. But I would also suggest that they do some te...

September 03, 8:37pm

Valandre Shocking Blue temp ratings
QUOTE(No offense to anyone, but to the poster who said that they "have used the Shocking Blue in -20 degree temps and was amazed at how warm it kept me" "I just can't believe it....

September 03, 8:03pm

Awesome!
THANKS!!!! This is the kind of deal that I was waiting for!

In Gear Deals » 1 Yr of Backpacker Magazine for $3.99
September 02, 12:00pm

Gransfors Bruks
I also use the Gransfors Bruks hatchet and love the quality. They come razor sharp and hold the edge every well.

In GEAR » Ax & Axes
September 02, 11:45am

All Reader Reviews by Charles Jennings

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Caldera F-Keg Titanium Cone
I had the opportunity to go goatpacking with Josh Leavitt of Ti Goat, who hooked me up with a Ti version of the cone that fits with the Fosters can. As I recall, I had complained about how fragile th...

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 22, 4:34pm

Valandre Bloody Mary
I have had the chance to test the Bloody Mary over the last few weeks, so this would be an INITIAL REVIEW, with more to follow. The Bloody Mary, rather than a specialized bag which some of Valandre...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
February 21, 3:26pm

Gossamer Gear
nm

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 21, 3:06pm