BPL Community Profile

Larry Dyer (veriest1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Born 1984; raised in the sticks; grew up hiking, riding bikes, and camping; decided to combine them in 2009.
StateTX
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry Dyer

Showing 151 - 160 of 465 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...47

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Argument?
And when I scrounge up the extra funds (and don't spend it on gear) I'm getting a lifetime membership too. So beat that! lol And then... and then... I dunno.... I guess I might go bac...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pads, Bony Hips, and Bubbles
January 19, 1:24pm

Re: Re: Argument?
If we're going to argue we might as well do it with style! And like 5 year olds.... :)

January 19, 1:21pm

Argument?
Are we arguing? Really? I still have issue concerning the lack of trees in one of my favorite places in the world. If you want to argue my (soon to be) revised "3 season list" still ha...

January 19, 1:03pm

Google Translate Predicts the Future?
1) Go to Google Translate. 2) Type in "will Justin Beiber ever hit puberty" in English and translate it to Vietnamese. 3) Copy and paste the answer back into the translation box. ...

In Chaff » Google Translate Predicts the Future?
January 19, 12:19pm

Re: Absolutely Flat
Good to know the hammocks made for backpacking are pretty much flat. I'll tuck that away as a last ditch option. I'll probably go Prolite/RR combo for cost, weight, and space over a hammock...

January 19, 5:28am

Re: ll bean nanopuff imitation
"no fancy yuppie name brand though" lol wut? Thanks for the heads up since it's still a pretty good deal. Doubly so it's caught on sale.

In GEAR » ll bean nanopuff imitation
January 18, 4:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Hammocks
"If there is one thing you want to spend a couple more ounces on it would be your sleep system." So true! However, there was one time (on hard ground at that!) when I got the Neoair in...

January 18, 1:25pm

Hammocks
I had considered the hammock idea but having tried in the yard I have just never been able to get comfortable in them. I used a neighbors generic spreader or bridge hammock. It's something abou...

January 18, 12:02pm

Sleeping Pads, Bony Hips, and Bubbles
I got some interesting ideas out of these threads but thought it might be interesting to revisit the topic. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?f...

January 18, 12:19am

Side
It works even better on your side since less of your body has to be in contact with the ground.

In GEAR » 3/4 Pads / Torso pads
January 17, 9:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry Dyer

Larry Dyer has posted no reviews.