BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 16 and 7 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 151 - 160 of 1010 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...101

Forum » Thread

Most nights error?
Seems to be an issue with Most Nights as well - only 1 person with 1 night when several have done tens of miles so far this year?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip logging for 2013
January 29, 6:48pm

Re: Yosemite permits - still confused
You should only have to deal with Yosemite if you want to hike Half Dome while you're passing through. Though it is curious why those dates that far out are full before you can even apply. S...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hiking Sierra's: newbie confused with the permit system
January 29, 2:41pm

Re: Cost to ship internationaly
Velimir, It varies by country (sometimes by a lot). I just randomly picked Poland and the first class shipping cost is a little over $15 US if done online. Anything else would not be worth it. ...

In Gear Swap » PIF / Dirt Cheap Down Jackets / Vests
January 29, 2:04pm

Re: PIF / JCPenney Down Jackets / Vests at cost + ship
I could do a similar offer as Jared if he runs out of a size you want. I did not happen to notice vests at my store but didn't look real hard either. They had maybe 10 jackets left in 2XL and 3...

In Gear Swap » PIF / Dirt Cheap Down Jackets / Vests
January 29, 12:54pm

Train shuttles
Is there any place other than Durango/Silverton and possibly the Big South Fork in KY that you can use a train to shuttle back to your vehicle?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Train shuttles
January 27, 12:20pm

Re: Ground Sheet Required
> Interesting to note as well, is that Zpacks listing indicates a ground sheet is required with the netting floor. Ah, I was wondering how you kept all the mud and debris from collecting on t...

In GEAR » Pyramid tent with netting floor
January 27, 12:03pm

Re: Oops
> Should I just swap the rain cover for a trash compactor bag? The bag is likely lighter and more secure, but if you don't cross any deep creeks it's not as big an issue. You still...

In Gear Lists » Am I missing anything?
January 25, 1:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Weight of Solo Tarp with Vesibules
I can see the lines of sail tape for what you're calling the inside edge. A pic would help me understand what you mean by outside edge. It appears they are inset from the end a couple inches, w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Polycro Tarp Tested!
January 25, 9:36am

Re: STP Codes
You sign up for the Sierra Trading Post email list and you'll get codes in your email several times a week. They vary on what they can be applied toward, % off, shipping discounts, etc. Just ha...

In Gear Lists » Midwest Gear List - Spring / Summer 2012
January 25, 6:19am

Re: Weight of Solo Tarp with Vesibules
Nice job, David. I'd be interested on hearing more details on the door attachments and how you deal with varying pitch widths.

In Make Your Own Gear » Polycro Tarp Tested!
January 25, 6:12am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.