BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 16 and 7 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 151 - 160 of 1035 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...104

Forum » Thread

Re: August 4 pass loop
I saw maybe 15-25/day while on the proper loop route (not lakeside campsites and half my route was not the normal loop). I also went CCW while I think most go CW so I was going over Buckskin less t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » August 4 pass loop
March 01, 10:52pm

Re: Help with Smokies Trip
If you're only good for 15 miles in MI, you may want to tone it down a bit to start off. You might also consider doing it backwards so you start with the easy stuff. Another idea is instead ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Help with Smokies Trip
March 01, 10:40pm

Re: Tips for Grayson Highlands with kids in early June?
Y'all are making me want to take my son there the second week of June. I'd been considering the Smokies again or Roan Mtn area but that's more of a thru-hike or out and back and I prefe...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Tips for Grayson Highlands with kids in early June?
March 01, 9:54pm

Re: WTB MLD Sil Cricket or convince me otherwise
Would you like to borrow my polycryo tarp to play with? I designed it to pitch half pyramid, but I could modify it for other pitches. Original LDPE version with bug netting next to its somewhat ...

In Gear Swap » WTB MLD Sil Cricket or convince me otherwise
March 01, 8:32pm

Re: Indiana?
Also in Indiana but don't have many free weekends at this point. I could do first week of Apr. I'll be in the Deam Wilderness Apr 19-21 with at least my sons (and hopefully a few other S...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Midwest GGG
March 01, 8:16pm

Re: WTT: next size up Capilene (need M bottoms / L top), boxers, and 36 pants
Bump

In Gear Swap » WTT: next size up Capilene (need M bottoms / L top), boxers, and 36 pants
March 01, 8:09pm

Sold
Sold

In Gear Swap » FS/FT: New Patagonia Sunshade shirt (Men's M)
March 01, 8:05pm

Re: Jardine
Same guy that can't seem to properly care for or keep dry his down bags either. See Page 17

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ray Jardine examines Cuben Fiber
March 01, 7:07pm

WTT: next size up Capilene (need M bottoms / L top), boxers, and 36 pants
My son has outgrown some stuff I'd gotten for him, and I can't afford to replace it now so I'm looking to trade. Everything used I have is good shape - nearly always air dried, non-smok...

In Gear Swap » WTT: next size up Capilene (need M bottoms / L top), boxers, and 36 pants
February 25, 6:13am

Re: Trip Report Index link
The link is at the top of the very first post.

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip Report Index
February 25, 5:48am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.