BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 151 - 160 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Inside of shoulder straps?
What is the material on the back side of the shoulder straps? Is it the same material on the lower back side of the pack? Is it a coated material? Would items stuffed into the strap pockets get ...

In Gear Lists » Extreme Light Gear List... Try to make even lighter!
June 05, 11:26am

LT3 v LT5 v LT6
Seeing that I'm a bit thin on top, I need to wear a hat most of the time during the summer months. My wife hates my current hat, so I told her if she wants me to wear a "nice" hat buy it for fathe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Light Weight - Make Your Own for an AT Thru-Hike
May 27, 7:12am

Chrome Dome?
I rarely hike where I need all day sun protection, so I have not real need for this product. Though, if I were to buy an umbrella, I'd probably go with the Chrome Dome. Any issues? Does it rea...

In GEAR » rain hats & wind shirts
May 20, 6:52am

More conversion info...
You can always use Google for conversions. Search for "22 ounces in grams", and it will give you the answer.

In GEAR » ultra-tall, ultra-lite?
May 12, 7:30am

Check out the review date...
The Chinook review you are talking about is for the 2003 version. I believe the same article, or maybe the "other windshirt" article, mentions that the fabric changed for the worst in 2004+. I ...

In GEAR » Marmot Chinook sizing?
May 11, 3:08pm

OK, less breathable...
> You mentioned a "non-breathable windshirt". I believe that would potentially equate to a vapor barrier, of sorts. Maybe I should have stated "less breathable" rather than "non-breathable". Yo...

May 11, 1:52pm

Maybe add a link to old reviews?
I was aware of the old review, but the this year's review focuses on "light and large", but yet doesn't mention other packs in this space that have already been reviewed. Maybe an overview artic...

In GEAR » Where's the Ozone?
May 11, 1:45pm

Montane Aero?
Have you considerd the Montane Aero? I own one as well as a Chinook (2003 model). Size L in both. The Aero is noticably larger, and longer, than the Chinook. Neither sheds water all that well, ...

May 11, 10:05am

Where's the Ozone?
While I know you can't review every item, it seems like you left the very popular Granite Gear Nimbus Ozone off your list of big volume packs. Its commonly used by thru-hikers too scared to go wit...

In GEAR » Where's the Ozone?
May 11, 9:12am

Semi-Athletic fit...
The have a Semi-athletic fit. I have a large which is perfect in my shoulders, chest and arms, but a bit tight on my no-so athletic gut.<g> You don't want a windshirt that is too big, oth...

May 11, 9:02am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.