Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Greene (tippymcstagger) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me Jeremy Greene has not added a biography yet.
CityArlington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Greene

Showing 151 - 160 of 327 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...33

Forum » Thread

any fanny pack, torso pack, or vest gearlists out there?

In Philosophy & Technique » Uh Oh....."Fastpacking"!
March 12, 12:50pm

Any more grassland pictures?

In Chaff » Backpacking Dogs
March 12, 12:27pm

Re: Uh Oh....."Fastpacking"!
In that context the term has merit. It bears little resemblance to leaving home the inner wall of a tent. I am curious what was in those fanny packs.

In Philosophy & Technique » Uh Oh....."Fastpacking"!
March 11, 10:43pm

Re: RE: My Summer UL Gear List
"I would use just the Polar pur. I started out using a Frontier Pro and Aqua Mira and now just use just the drops because the filter clogged up after 3 liters. Just my experience though."...

In Gear Lists » My Summer UL Gear List
March 05, 8:40pm

Re: Aussie coming to Houston
I lived in Houston for many years. Great place for restaurants, art, medicine, and employment. I cannot recommend hiking in the area aside from urban parks. If you reach Arkansas or central Texa...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Aussie coming to Houston
March 02, 12:13am

happy with princeton tec aurora
I guess it has been replaced with the "fuel." Both are inexpensive and 3 x AAA.

In GEAR » Need Advice on Which Headlamp?
March 01, 2:36pm

Ouachita section 1 march 15
We plan a mild pace on this rough section. Will probably have some small campfires. Welcome to join us.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Ouachita section 1 march 15
March 01, 2:29pm

Goose down vs Duck down
I gathered more info from same company in December. The cling or stickyness is typical of down from wild migratory birds. Inuit Arctic down (from the Canada Grey Goose) is another example.

In GEAR » Goose down vs Duck down
February 26, 10:06pm

Re: Re: "Currently unavailable"
"Thank you for your order which included the Brunton Bruntane Canistr W/Guage . Unfortunately, due to a merge with another vendor on Amazon.com behalf. Amazon has sent us your order for pr...

In Gear Deals » Brunton 8 oz Canisters - 24 pack for $9.73
February 23, 10:50am

REI: How much fun can you carry on your shoulders?
Above is on their homepage. It doesn't seem to speak to us. www.rei.com

In On the Web » REI: How much fun can you carry on your shoulders?
February 21, 8:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Greene

Showing 1 - 10 of 11 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Littlbug Wood Burning Stove Littlbug Junior
I have some, but not enough experience with campfires and this stove seems like a good tool for me. My MYOG attempts were not satisfactory. This stove will let me dispose of my laundry lint and avoid ...

In Stoves - Other
February 09, 4:10pm

Ben's Backwoods Online Retailer
He caters more to the bushcraft market than the UL market. Good selection of Moras. Shipping cost is reasonable. When I destroyed my plastic handled Mora Triflex with poor baton technique, he let m...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 09, 3:37pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
Bigger company: Found this for a good sale price and at my door in 5 days. It is visually appealing too. Impression: Haven't used it yet, but inspected and started trimming. First use will be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 21, 2:38pm

MSR E-Wing
Good: *Sil-nylon cat cut tarp, elongated hexagon. *Small and light. *Can purchase with REI gift cards! *Use as dining fly or windbreak for 2, awning, minimal solo shelter, etc. *MSR suitably answ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 13, 2:05pm

Golite Ultra 20
Limited testing so far. Hope to add. I got it 2nd hand (but unused). Even at full price it is reasonable. Good materials, design, and build. Full baffle construction going *both ways* means that do...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
January 13, 12:03pm

Allen & Mike's Really Cool Backpackin' Book 2001
Light/UL/SUL books sometimes offer instruction for fast and light travel in optimal conditions. This book is not for lightweight, but gives more universal aspects of backpacking. The text covers th...

In Books and Media
October 28, 12:38pm

Backpacking Light MiniDrop 0.35-oz Dropper Bottles (7 pack)
The good has been clearly stated. The not-so-good: -orange and red are too similar -could use a ridge on tip for easier removal and filling edit: ridge not needed. Just push 90 degrees to tip.

In Miscellaneous Products
October 21, 8:08am

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
Very well organized. The crucial topics are touched. Combining the illustrations with the text allows for a brief overview or an in-depth visualization. As little as 1/2 hour of skimming gives a wealt...

In Books and Media
September 13, 11:00am

Lightweight Backpacking and Camping by Ryan Jordan et al.
If you have just stumbled onto this website, I highly recommend getting offline and reading this book. It covers many (perhaps most) of the topics repeatedly discussed here. It is well organized. It m...

In Books and Media
September 12, 2:41pm

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
The Book of the Bivvy jumps about, but mainly covers two subjects: bivvy bags and hillwalking in the UK. Though I've found several books on hillwalking, this is currently the only book I know of f...

In Books and Media
September 12, 2:28pm