BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 151 - 160 of 2540 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...254

Forum » Thread

warm pants again
Dan: where is the source article for your "6C temperature spike"? Read this too. http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/08/23/antarctic-peninsula-was-1-3c-warmer-than-today-11000-years-ago/ ...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
August 23, 2:39am

Re: Re: Re: Re-emergence of Kelvin T
Hi Lynn, As you can see from the quick check I made on Dan's king crab non-story, the reality behind science by press release is often underwhelming. The churnalists who uncritically republi...

August 23, 2:05am

Re: Re-emergence of Kelvin T
As I explained to you before Dan, sunlight penetrates 100m or more into the ocean and warms it. Downwelling Longwave Radiation from co2 can't penetrate the ocean surface much beyond its own wav...

August 22, 6:08pm

Re: My alternative climate change theory has been published :-)
Lynn, What we've seen since the last high solar cycle (23) and the onset of the long minimum and current low cycle (24) currently nearing it's maximum, is that sea surface temperatures hav...

August 22, 5:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: My alternative climate change theory has been published :-)
Hi Lynn, I certainly agree that if we 'westerners' all ate less meat, then we could all eat better quality meat, the animals could lead better quality lives, and land could be better use...

August 22, 2:46pm

Antarctica is mostly cooling
Richard Aronson, the main protagonist in Dan's article got a grant of over $400,000 to study the crabs, but it seems that since the expensive expedition to the Ross Sea's slope in 2010, not...

August 22, 2:28pm

Re: Re: My alternative climate change theory has been published :-)
Lynn says: I will even take the paper you cited at it's word that there is a solar maximum that is contributing heat to our planet. However, I will not take you at your word that this is the o...

August 22, 12:45am

southern ocean-air heat flux
Hi Dan: This study of ocean-air heat flux is relevant to the question of southern ocean heat content - just published. One year's data isn't anything we can draw long term conclusions from,...

August 22, 12:14am

Re: Slangin'
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H. L. Me...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
August 21, 8:38am

My alternative climate change theory has been published :-)
Lynn said: This is what I meant when I accused Roger of "cherry picking". In just about any field of research I have delved in to, there is always conflicting evidence. There is never a ...

August 21, 1:39am

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.