BPL Community Profile

Gordon Smith (swearingen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Portland, Oregon
About Me http://www.facebook.com/people/Gordon-Smith/100000899587475
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://pixelhorse.smugmug.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List (4-day, summer, mountains, dry weather)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gordon Smith

Showing 151 - 160 of 240 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Inflation
I agree, I think some of the difference in opinions on drop off are related to how firmly the Neo is inflated. I'm a side sleeper, 5' 8", and I've used the small Neo with a Vapor T...

In GEAR » Neo Air Small
September 25, 1:21am

Sog Field Pup
On my last trip I carried my Sog Seal Pup Elite for the very purpose you describe. A very nice knife, but at 9ozs including sheath it's a bit heavy. Since then I bought a Sog Field Pup. This kn...

In GEAR » Wood Stoves and Knives
September 24, 5:08am

Re: Aussies on the PCT
Great movie Pedro, I enjoyed it very much. Looks like you guys had some fun. G

In Post-Trip Reports » *MOVIE* - Aussies on the PCT
September 22, 8:52am

Lots of great ideas, thanks!
Wow, lots of great ideas here, thanks folks! I wish I had explained the big knife up front though as everyone seems to want to comment on it. That knife is not something I normally carry, it was si...

In Gear Lists » Getting from 13 to down to 10?
September 22, 2:55am

Bow Wow Wow
Raymond writes: "Curses to Bow Wow Wow for stealing the formula. (And half the band.)" Malcolm stole Adam's bandmates, true, but in return we got the best cover ever of a 60'...

In GEAR » Big Agnes vs NeoAir
September 19, 6:07pm

Getting from 13 to down to 10?
I recently got back from this 4-day trip. As you can see on my gear list, my base weight is hovering around 13 lbs. I'd like to get it down to 10 pounds without dropping anything from the luxur...

In Gear Lists » Getting from 13 to down to 10?
September 19, 5:28pm

Goat Rocks, WA - Sept. 10-13, 2009
Goat Rocks is actually the eroded remains of a very old, large volcano. It’s situated among three of its more famous volcanic neighbors in Washington state, namely Mt. Ranier, Mt. Adams and Mt. S...

In Post-Trip Reports » Goat Rocks, WA - 4 Day Trip
September 19, 4:34pm

Re: Big Boys unite--
David Walls writes: "what about a special edition stitched with carbon fiber thread and made with woven adamantium?" Adamantium. I've heard of that. It's not really a fictio...

September 19, 1:29am

Re: Re: Big Agnes vs NeoAir
Rog writes: >>Gordon Wrote: "it's half the weight of my Clearview which was already a very light pad. And the Neo is tiny, I can almost fit it in my pocket" My 3/4 mummy ...

September 18, 4:37am

NEO
"Hi! My name is Denis and I'm a gear addict." It's OK Denis, you're among friends here. And speaking as a gear addict myself, I have a small NeoAir, a BA Clearview and...

September 18, 1:17am

All Reader Reviews by Gordon Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera ULC Cone for Snow Peak 600 mug
The Caldera ULC Cone is the compact version of the original Caldera Cone that Trail Designs has been making for several years. The great benefit of the ULC Cones is that they're designed to fit in...

In Stoves - Alcohol
March 05, 1:32am