BPL Community Profile

Sven Klingemann (svenklingemann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Sven Klingemann hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Sven Klingemann has not added a biography yet.
CityChicago
StateIL
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sven Klingemann

Showing 151 - 160 of 428 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...43

Forum » Thread

Rain pants - bought some to try out
Thanks for the input! I just ordered a pair of 66 North Iceland Glymur pants which are made of 3 layer eVent. I have their Blafell pants which are heavier and lined at 14oz, so I am hoping that tho...

In GEAR » Rain pants - advice needed!
April 24, 7:29am

Re: Fliters
Yeah, I know. I noticed that as well. I guess I am willing to give it a try for the sake of saving weight. And maybe my wonderful GF will do the pumping for me! LOL! S.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Filter advice
April 23, 7:58pm

Filter - have ordered one
OK - thanks for all your advice! I have decided to give another filter a try: the Nano Technology 530 filter. I will let you know how/whether it works. It is not a gravity filter, but very light at...

April 23, 2:59pm

Re: I'd recommend and Alcohol stove first.
Ben and Mark - you better buy that Pocket Rocket from me now. Split the cost. Done. LOL! S.

In Gear Swap » i need a very inexpensive stove...under $30
April 23, 1:23pm

Filter advice
Hi guys, I need a new filter! I am hesitating between a Gravity filter (ULA Amigo Pro) and the Katadyn mini filter. Comparisons: (A)Katadyn more expensive (initial and cartridges) but 10 times m...

April 23, 10:30am

Re: hmm
Well you need a propane/butane fuel canister such as this one http://www.lstp.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=695 (any brand will do, such as Colema...

April 23, 9:43am

Re: i need a very inexpensive stove...under $30
I have an MSR Pocket Rocket (to be used with Propane/Butane canister) that I can sell you for $25 incl. shipping. Best, Sven Check it our at: http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servle...

April 23, 9:22am

Re: Not the place
"Publicly attacking someone is not the way to go about this. Mistakes happen, you didn't get burned, grow up" Actually the thread did not start out as a public attack. And it is no...

In Gear Swap » Be careful...
April 22, 5:28pm

Re: Re: Transacting on the Forum
Haha ... I can still remember that stoning, LOL. Honestly, as Benjamin said, people are really honest and fair, so the key is communication to avoid any mishaps! Just like in a good relationship, r...

In Gear Swap » Be careful...
April 22, 3:07pm

Rain pants - advice needed!
OK - I need a new pair of lightweight, moderately resistant rain pants. I have used the Rainshield O2 ones before but keep on ripping holes into them, which makes me think that they are not the bes...

In GEAR » Rain pants - advice needed!
April 22, 10:16am

All Reader Reviews by Sven Klingemann

Showing 1 - 10 of 16 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Big Agnes Clearview
Just tested the Clearview (mummy style full length) on a three day trip to Michigan. Temperatures overnight were between high fourties to high fiftees. - Comfort: The pad was quite comfortable when i...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
August 22, 2:06pm

Nano Technology Micro Ceramic Water Filter
In my search for a light water filter I tried outNano Technology's Micro Ceramic Water Filter on a recent three day trip. - Pros: Light weight! Less than 3oz. Filters out particles down to 0.1ยต a...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
May 14, 9:36am

Six Moon Designs Refuge "X"
I have used the Refuge X on a three day trip to the UP in Michigan. Temperatures overnight were between 30-40F and there was no rain or significant wind. I received the tent at a weight of 15.8 oz, a...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
May 11, 8:07pm

Exped Downmat 7
OK - I need to boost that rating again! I have the 72inch Exped Downmat and it has not let me down yet! :-) It is a bit heavy, but if you are looking for a pad that is really comfortable, especially...

April 28, 8:50am

Backpacking Light FeatherLite Vapor Mitts
I have used the Mitts on several trips now in temperatures ranging from -10F to about 35F, with and without Possum Down liners and despite multiple attempts from my girlfriend to steal them from me (h...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 22, 3:06pm

BMW Cocoon Pro 60 Parka
I have been able to test the Pro Parka now for about one month. Sizing/Fit: I am 5'6 and 140lbs; the Parka (size XS)fits great with the exception of its length. one or two more inches would have...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
January 14, 12:01pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
The Caldera stove is truly wonderful. I have paired it with the Firelite 500 mug and it performs really well. Boiling times are much shorter compared to the MSR pocker rocket I have and if you know ho...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 05, 8:04am

Timberland Delerion Low Pro
I have used the Delerion Pros for about 9 months now. The are light, are good for stream crossing and look rather cool to me. On the downside, the footbox is very narrow and I have been having consist...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
November 02, 8:20am

Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo
Just got the Lunar Solo and have used it on a weekend trip at the Black River Falls in WI. I was a bit worried about (a) ease of setup based on other people's comments and (b)problems of condensat...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
June 11, 9:47am

POE AO-Lite Women's Petite
This is a great sleeping pad. 18.5oz, 3 seasons. Very comfortable and compact, no slipping around, especially due to the side rails. I am side-sleeper, so the extra hip support comes in handy. Certain...

June 04, 8:47pm