BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 151 - 160 of 369 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...37

Forum » Thread

They have a double wall!
Did anyone notice they have the same tent in a full double wall for 2oz. less! only 17oz. and it looks like a few more could be cut if they were willing to do modifications on request. http://ww...

In GEAR » New Yama Mountain Gear cuben shelter
February 22, 12:23pm

problem with cottage packs
I find, that this is the biggest problem with cottage brand backpacks. There is no way to try them on. I'm a big believer in walking around with weight in a pack before buying, but when none of...

In GEAR » Just musing/ranting about which pack to buy
February 20, 9:07am

Re: Why no hate for tobbaco
To add to Paul's post: Traffic deaths that were alcohol related in 1998 15,935 (http://www.madd.org) Murders by guns in the US for 1998 9,143 (1998 Uniform Crime Report) CDC...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
February 20, 7:32am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Solo security
"To my knowledge, I can carry a pistol into a national forest or blm land. There shouldn't be an issue with that. State Parks or National parks are a no go. " - Justin Justin, plea...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
February 20, 3:34am

Re: Re: What size CF tube to match alum tube strength?
Thanks guys. Daryl: thank you, I have already read about every thread regarding the externals you and another gentleman on here have come up with. I have gotten a lot of ideas, but it's ni...

In Make Your Own Gear » What size CF tube to match alum tube strength?
February 18, 7:43pm

Re: CF tube to match ALU
Thank you for the in depth response. I think I will just have to pick a place to start then go from there. I was just hoping there was an easy answer from someone who deals with CF on a regular b...

February 17, 7:22pm

What size CF tube to match alum tube strength?
Could not figure out a good way to word my search on the subject, so I came up empty handed. My question, for those that might know, how do I convert the diameter and wall thickness of an alumin...

February 17, 4:27pm

Re: CF external frame
Say what?! Lol, no, I'm well aware of those properties of CF.

In Multiple Use Gear » What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
February 17, 4:14pm

Wrong forum!
Ah heck! Just realized this is in the wrong forum! Well, if any moderators see this, I meant to put it in "make your own gear"

In Multiple Use Gear » What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
February 17, 4:13am

Re: How do you remove PU or Silicone type coatings from fabrics?
Not sure what coating is used in 70's era external frame jansport packs, but I just washed one in a front loader, and the lining was completely decimated! May have just been do to age?

In Make Your Own Gear » How do you remove PU or Silicone type coatings from fabrics?
February 17, 1:23am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.