BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 151 - 160 of 1243 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...125

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: The Other Fly
That thread is hilarious, oh my.

In GEAR » The Other Fly --The Ridiculous One in your Baselayer
December 04, 6:52pm

Re: Re: The Other Fly
I saw a knitting pattern for that kind of sock before. Wish I would have saved it.

December 04, 6:35pm

Re: Re: Re: kayaker rescues owl
Fixed link. Thanks for pointing it out.

In On the Web » kayaker rescues owl
December 04, 2:46pm

my 2 cents 2
Sorry Ian for grumping all over your thread but 1. I am tired of seeing "quiver" tossed out whenever someone starts a thread about a single kind of ski. Maybe a good faith assumption t...

In GEAR » Calling all Altai Hok users!
December 04, 11:31am

Re: Low-rise Waistline
Because depending on the size/shape of your butt, low rise could mean "slips down and requires constant hiking up." Something to consider.

December 04, 11:28am

Interesting things you would do with your lottery winnings
I would want to spend time on research submersibles like ALVIN, and find wrecks and see crazy animals and deep sea vents. I don't know about space tourism. Theoretically, it interests me; pract...

In Chaff » Interesting things you would do with your lottery winnings
December 04, 9:33am

kayaker rescues owl
original Finnish English summary

In On the Web » kayaker rescues owl
December 04, 9:13am

Re: Flywork
Delmar, A lot of men's compression shorts will not have a fly. I can only vouch for Underarmour since I have it, but I know I've seen other brands in stores without. Another option is unde...

December 04, 7:37am

Re: Safety in climbing and hiking
Climbing is an inherently risky activity. Walking is not. You're not going to see a similar emphasis on safety in the backpacking/hiking community b/c there is no risk-aware barrier to entry fo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Man ties legs together, crawls for help
December 02, 4:35pm

Re: Re: Pearls
I'm glad I'm not the only one who jumps in a puddle to get the wet feet over with!

In Philosophy & Technique » Pearls for backpacking in the rain
December 01, 4:49pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.