BPL Community Profile

Steve Meier (smeier) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me I am in my late-40's and really got interested in backpacking about 10 years ago as a way to have some concentrated time with my boys, now all finishing up high school or in college. I try to get out a few times a year, including a bi-annual trip to Colorado for some of the big stuff. Otherwise I am stuck in the very boring midwest where everything exciting is a good day's drive away.
CityIndianapolis
StateIN
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListUL tarp-solo

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve Meier

Showing 151 - 160 of 260 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

WTB MLD Sil Cricket or convince me otherwise
WTB a MDL Sil Cricket for my bivy. Looking to use it solo for 3 season use. Or could be convinced to buy a rectangular tarp. New to tarping so not absolutely sure what I would like most...

In Gear Swap » WTB MLD Sil Cricket or convince me otherwise
February 23, 4:17pm

+1 on the kupilka
Great thread to see what others are doing. And great post by Craig W. I spent a long time and a lot of money to get a pack weight down below 10 lbs and then thoughtfully added some things back ...

In GEAR » Coffee - carry a mug?
February 22, 11:53am

+1 on SynMat UL 7
"The Exped UL7 is plush, the width is excellent, the fabric is a brushed nylon, soft against the skin." + 1 on the SynMat UL 7, coming from a long-time (former) NeoAir user. The UL 7 ...

In GEAR » Equipment Addition: SynMat UL 7 + XTerm or XLite?
February 21, 8:01am

I like it
I like the frame on the new REI Flash 45. I think it is stiff enough vertically stay comfortable in the 25-30 range but has enough flexibility from side to side that it moves with your stride. I ...

In GEAR » I Take Back Everything I ever said about the REI Flash 45
February 15, 7:23pm

General thoughts
Just some quick observations from my own experience hiking with my wife...if the weather that you'll be hiking in is mostly moderate then consider a quilt for both of you. It's easy to ...

In Gear Lists » New member, new to LW/UL, with a 3-season gear list for a husband and wife
February 12, 4:40pm

Indiana?
I'm in Indy and would travel up to 5 hrs to hit a GGG. Never been to one so curious to see everyone's gear and meet some other BPL'ers. Hope we get it done!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Midwest GGG
February 06, 8:42pm

In Indy
I live in Indianapolis and would travel up to 5 hrs to a GGG. Southern IN has some nice state forests around Brown County. A weekend would be ideal and probably sometime in June, after the kids g...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Where would you like a midwest GGG be held
February 06, 8:38pm

I'm in...
...as long as its not too far away. Never been to one and have been looking forward to it.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Midwest GGG
February 06, 5:09pm

Weight?
What's the weight, all in?

In Gear Swap » FS: Warbonnet traveler hammock
February 03, 12:45pm

Sportiva's
+1 on the Sportiva's. I tried them after reading Skurka's book and really like them. Definitely on the narrow, low volume side.

In GEAR » Shoes for a narrow footed guy
January 31, 11:18am

All Reader Reviews by Steve Meier

Steve Meier has posted no reviews.