BPL Community Profile

Steve Meier (smeier) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me I am in my late-40's and really got interested in backpacking about 10 years ago as a way to have some concentrated time with my boys, now all finishing up high school or in college. I try to get out a few times a year, including a bi-annual trip to Colorado for some of the big stuff. Otherwise I am stuck in the very boring midwest where everything exciting is a good day's drive away.
CityIndianapolis
StateIN
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListUL tarp-solo

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve Meier

Showing 151 - 160 of 230 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

+3 on Katabatic
+3 on Katabatic. My Palasaides is an absolutely gorgeous piece of gear. I am amazed at the loft for a 30 degree bag and the design all around is stellar.

In GEAR » Nunatak craftsmanship compared to other bag makers?
January 02, 9:55am

shirts?
Tim, I might have a couple of Patagonia LS' that are size XXL but run very large. I'm 250 lbs and they are big on me. Can you use them?

In Gear Swap » Donate Some Gear?
January 01, 4:17pm

Careful on the pack size
You have some very good lightweight (not UL) choices for packs at REI and I would recommend you look at the Osprey Exos 46 or Osprey Talon 44. Both are very comfortable and both come in larger siz...

In Gear Lists » Going from Traditional to Lightweight
December 30, 6:14pm

Buff baby
Great post as I am curious to read others' replies. Since I sleep with a quilt the whole cold head issue comes up during the shoulder seasons. I buy all of my LS shirts and mid and outer laye...

In GEAR » Cold weather face protection while sleeping?
December 30, 6:01pm

Exos 58 in L
I have an Exos 58 in a large that I would be willing to sell to you. Excellent condition. What are you looking to spend?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Osprey Exos 58, Exped Synmant UL7, Big Agnes Q-Core SL
December 30, 3:30pm

Platinum edition
I just bought the Fly Creek UL 2 Platinum and the floor feels like 30D silnylon--very thin and more slippery than the 'heavier' versions. I suspect I'll throw some GG polypro under it ...

In GEAR » New Big Agnes Tents
December 29, 8:43pm

+1 on Katabatic
I have Montbell bags and Enlightened and Katabatic quilts and a big plus 1 on the Katabatic quilts. You pay for it but the craftsmanship and designs are absolutely fantastic. I also love the Kata...

In GEAR » Quilt Suggestion for Newbie
December 29, 8:37pm

bump...anyone?
Bump...anyone?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need recc's for a 40 mile loop in the southeast in March
December 17, 3:56pm

Need recc's for a 40 mile loop in the southeast in March
My college-aged son and some buddies would like to do a spring break hike from March 10-17 in the southeast of about 40 miles and ideally a loop. Any recommendations? If not a loop, then any othe...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need recc's for a 40 mile loop in the southeast in March
December 16, 7:10pm

Should be okay
Paul, I've done Isle Royale (loved it!) and the first section of the Georgia AT. I don't know your age or hiking condition but your estimated mileage should be doable. Are you doing t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Georga AT
December 15, 1:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve Meier

Steve Meier has posted no reviews.