Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steve Meier (smeier) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me I am in my late-40's and really got interested in backpacking about 10 years ago as a way to have some concentrated time with my boys, now all finishing up high school or in college. I try to get out a few times a year, including a bi-annual trip to Colorado for some of the big stuff. Otherwise I am stuck in the very boring midwest where everything exciting is a good day's drive away.
CityIndianapolis
StateIN
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListUL tarp-solo

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve Meier

Showing 151 - 160 of 270 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Wish I hadn't sold...
Last year I sold a Trailstar and Hexamid and regret it to this day. So keeping all that gear is a good thing as long as its used. I try to lend it out when I'm not using it so others are enjo...

In Philosophy & Technique » I think I have a gear problem
April 22, 12:44pm

REI Visa
Not sure if everyone is aware that the REI Visa generates dividends when you use it for any purchase throughout the year, not just those at REI. I use it as a regular credit card all year, pay off...

In Gear Deals » REI Coupon?
March 28, 1:36pm

Virga Outdoors?
You may want to add Virga Outdoors to your search as well. I have their bivy and was so impressed with it that I ordered their cat-cut Wraith CF tarp as well. Good price on their products as well.

In GEAR » Cuben Tarps: HMG vs ZPACKS
March 28, 1:32pm

Trekker
I had the MSR Trekker and sold it without ever using it other than in my backyard. When battened down it is a small pup tent and when opened up on the side to create some space, it is vulnerable t...

In GEAR » Missing tent?
March 22, 9:56am

Gators...
I moved to Georgia from Ohio and was invited to canoe in the Okefenokee Swamp. I had my 7 yr old with me and my buddy had his 9 yr old with him. Long story short, the boys counted 72 gators cross...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best wildlife encounters?
March 20, 3:56pm

Create your own meals
AW, it's possible to put together great meals without buying expensive pre-packaged meals that are mostly tasteless and like cardboard. You can put together entire meals based on what you like...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pre-Made Meals 101 - Newbie
March 14, 2:19pm

Hiking by San Antonio?
I'm taking a business trip to San Antonio in mid-May and wondered if anyone knew of good hiking close by? I'll have my wife with me so no overnights--just day hiking. Thanks.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hiking by San Antonio?
March 11, 11:12am

hmmm...
Mark, as Scott mentioned you're not supposed to camp by the shelters but my experience is that people often do, usually because they can't sleep with snorers, and the shelters I've seen...

In Pre-Trip Planning » GSMNP Question...
March 04, 12:23pm

Hmmm...
The Echo I looks like a pretty tight fit and I'm 6'1", 245 lbs. I don't need the insert and due to the design looks like the A frame is the only option for pitching, correct?

In Gear Swap » WTB MLD Sil Cricket or convince me otherwise
February 24, 7:16pm

bump...anyone?
bump...anyone?

In Gear Swap » WTB MLD Sil Cricket or convince me otherwise
February 24, 6:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve Meier

Steve Meier has posted no reviews.