BPL Community Profile

Joe Kuster (slacklinejoe) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Flatirons
About Me I'm the president of Slackline Express. We make slacklines (think of it as a backyard tight rope) but also manage an outsourced sewing shop for lightweight backpacking gear designers. We do industrial sewing, cutting, and assembly here in Colorado.
CityLongmont
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.slacklineexpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Kuster

Showing 151 - 160 of 361 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...37

Forum » Thread

Backpack Cover for Airline/Train Travel
I've used double bagged flex garbage bags and duct tape many times. If they have to cut into it for inspection (which they have once to inspect a UV Aquastar water purifier) they re-bag it and ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Backpack Cover for Airline/Train Travel
March 03, 5:37pm

Relative Odor-proofness
The problem is that even if commercially packaged materials are truely air tight, they still weren't packaged carefully to remove all residue from the outside of the packaging. Packaged care...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Relative Odor-proofness
February 24, 11:35am

brief survey of USGS Topo mapping GPS units
Garmin's vector maps line up more than well enough to match up to a USGS map. If you want Points of Interest you can download the POI packs that would be on your USGS map and load them to your ...

In GEAR » brief survey of USGS Topo mapping GPS units
February 23, 10:30am

Most expensive?
It was a present from the wife but $599 for the Garmin Oregon 400T. Unless your willing to count my industrial sewing machines that I use to make my gear ($2,200 x 3).

In GEAR » Most expensive?
February 19, 9:41pm

fanny, lumbar and waist packs
Sounds like most of your needs could be met by just using the off the shelf Adventure Medical Survival Kit and toss it in your hip pocket. It's actually a wisely selected bit of kit.

In GEAR » fanny, lumbar and waist packs
February 18, 7:16pm

Make Your Own Gear: Five Yards to SuperUltraLight Part 4 - Pack
Nick, As a heads up, the frameless design really falls flat with heavier loads. Even if the materials can handle it, there isn't any weight transfer. I made 4 versions of this pack before I ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: Five Yards to SuperUltraLight Part 4 - Pack
February 18, 12:33am

Super Spackle
It's one of Mike Clelland's inventions. Here's a link to his article: Groovy-Biotic Cooking

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Energy on the Trail
February 17, 11:04am

Looking for advice from colorado hikers
You aren't likely to run into a lot of other hikers on anything but areas that have day hikes in the sun or people from out of state who think May is a great time to visit RMNP. The only except...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Looking for advice from colorado hikers
February 17, 10:59am

Looking for advice from colorado hikers
How many miles overall are you looking for? What elevation are you coming in from? What difficulty are you looking for (i.e. summits are high altitude and steep but gorgeous) What's your lev...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Looking for advice from colorado hikers
February 16, 7:00pm

Energy on the Trail
Like most hikers I know, the real answer is: Snacks - lots of snacks..... I use my vacuum sealer to make peanut butter and jelly packets, but many have just as good of luck with peanut M&Ms ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Energy on the Trail
February 16, 5:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Kuster

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Garmin Oregon 400T
Note: This review reflects using Beta Firmware v. 2.86 released Feb 4, 2009. My wife bought me the 400T as a birthday present. Now that I've had time to use it in the field tramping around Roc...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 14, 2:55pm

PossumDown Glove Liner Gloves
I tried my best to like these gloves but even treated with the utmost caution my pair only lasted 1 trip before starting to show significant wear. By the end of the second trip, I had holes in both g...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 29, 1:08am

GlobalStar SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker
I have to wonder if some of the units out there are possibly defective judging from other reviews. I've had mine since they first came out and I have apparently had a radically different exper...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 17, 10:23pm

Mountain House Beef Stew
Actually, it just goes to show different tastes for different folks. After a heavy exertion day the Mountain House stew is usually one of my favorites. I have only noticed it being a bit salty wheneve...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
January 24, 10:13am

FlexAir Pillow Dual Compartment Ultralight
I've used one on six trips so far. It is definately a discussion piece and it's incredibly light weight. It took a little trial and error with it to find my comfort range, which is about half ...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 07, 1:05pm

MiniBull Designs Atomic (with stand)
This is one of the first commercial alcohol stoves I've worked with. It does exactly what it says it should and it does work fairly well. It does have a higher capacity for longer burn time, it do...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 22, 9:08am

Evernew Nonstick Titanium 0.9 L Pot
It's non-stick titanium, how cool is that. The reality is that it does live up to most of the hype and it is a solid performer. It has a wide base and is very efficent. It is about the perfect volume ...

In Cookware - Titanium
November 22, 8:43am

Marmot Atom
At 16oz this is an excellent option for warm weather 3 season backpacking. The compressibility of this bag is phenomonal. It is unusual to find a summer oriented bag with a full hood & draft collar, m...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 22, 8:36am

Marmot Atom Mens Regular 40 Degree
Please Delete, put in wrong category

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 22, 8:33am

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
As always, it depends on your need. If you find other stoves finicky and would like a complete cooking system that just "works", it's possible you'll like the JB. For trips where ...

In Stoves - Canister
October 04, 8:21pm