BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 151 - 160 of 1103 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...111

Forum » Thread

Best Headlamp
You have to be careful with regulated lights. I bought a Fenix HL21 which is a fully regulated, single AA headlight that is reasonably bright and offers a few brightness options that work well fo...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 16, 10:12am

Looking for: Long-Term Durability of the BA Fly Creek UL1
I've had my Fly Creek UL1 for 4 years and have not seen any abnormal wear. I have never used more than 6 stakes to set mine up. I have never had any issue with rain getting in but I am ...

In GEAR » Looking for: Long-Term Durability of the BA Fly Creek UL1
October 08, 9:38pm

H52W AA
Zebralight's page says that pre-orders will start shipping on Oct 18, 2013. I've placed my order.

In GEAR » Zebralight H51 / H31 discontinued
September 27, 3:07pm

Your little known ideas for a custom pack?
I'm not a fan of waist belt pockets or add-on pockets. I customized two of my packs by adding a zippered pocket "inside" the front mesh pocket. They have worked out really well and ...

In GEAR » Your little known ideas for a custom pack?
September 25, 6:22pm

Understanding Soreness and Pain
I'd keep using the poles, they may help you avoid a serious injury that will be a problem as you age. I think you are asking the right question but it's a balancing act for sure... pick ...

In GEAR » Understanding Soreness and Pain
September 23, 3:37pm

My GPS screen is cloudy
I've also read that Brasso will work but I've never tried it. If it were me, I'd try adding an Invisible Shield screen protector... I know sounds crazy as the damage is already don...

In GEAR » My GPS screen is cloudy
September 21, 10:02pm

InreachSE
So far I've been very pleased with the inReach SE and I have experienced very similar results with tracking that Rex described. I was backpacking in bit of a canyon area so I purposely brough...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
September 20, 2:44am

Capacity....
If output is kept the same (as in running the light at the same output with a 14500 vs NiMH ), then I think you will find that the 14500 will have a greater capacity. You want to look at Watt-hour...

September 18, 7:54pm

H52w AA Headlamp...
>> and with a 14500 battery is pushes 460lu for up to a minute and then reverts to 266 (probably heat limited).<< Dan - I'm not sure where you got your numbers from? With the ...

September 18, 12:28am

Zebralight H51 / H31 discontinued
I thought I'd post this as a followup to my previous post... I have been waiting for Zebralight to announce a headlamp version of my SC52 AA flashlight. It's the brightest AA flashlight on...

September 17, 7:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm