BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 151 - 160 of 275 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...28

Forum » Thread

Q-Core
Big Agnes Q-Core might be the ticket. If you are bothered by the horizontal baffles I'm not sure that vertical baffles would do you much better so the Q-Core has squarish baffles. It's a li...

In GEAR » Sleep comfort: Neoair Alternative?
October 04, 12:44am

NEMO
I'd check out the NEMO Obi Elite 2P. At 2lb 3oz without stakes, it's a true lightweight and it is a lot less awkward for two people, having two vestibules and two doors! Good ventilation an...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent - anything better for my purposes?
October 02, 9:02am

Almost
You need to split WPB into categories, PU and ePTFE. PU requires a phase change for humidity to pass through -- from vapor to liquid absorbed through the PU laminate, to vapor on the other side. eP...

In GEAR » Understanding rain gear materials?
September 30, 10:09am

Capilene 4
This looks a lot like Patagonia's Capilene 4 Hoody.

In GEAR » MEC T2 Zip Hoody Equivalent?
September 30, 10:00am

Andy Kirkpatrick
Andy is a climber and not so much a hiker but if you want to read stories about being miserable in the cold he is an expert on it, having plunged into winter alpinism with little experience. Check ...

In GEAR » Pack for Peak Assaulting?
September 27, 5:30am

Re: Re: Sierra Designs
>The Microlight is a tough one for us, because it is the best selling item in our line-up. In fact, we just met today to discuss what to do with that item, because nobody on our team likes this ...

In GEAR » New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
September 26, 9:43pm

Sierra Designs
Thanks for chiming in Michael and talking to us about the work you guys have been up to. I've noticed that Sierra Designs lately has really started to make truly relevant stuff and it's exc...

In GEAR » New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
September 26, 4:21pm

Re: Tough Call
> My 3-season pack has historically been a Buttermilk 40, actually, which is pretty cool. Great pack, huh? Very much so. For a pack that is supposed to be stripped down I've never found i...

September 26, 1:33pm

Your 3-season multi day pack
I've been using my regular 3-season multiday pack, which happens to be a Buttermilks 55. It compresses down just fine to hold less things and carries quite comfortably.

September 26, 9:09am

Re: Re: about EB
I always feel like it takes extra time for a heavier synthetic jacket to warm up. Try doing a few jumping jacks in it! In other news, the Accelerant is one of my favorite jackets, but I do not u...

In GEAR » synthetic jacket help needed
September 25, 11:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.