Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking into the mountains for a few days with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 151 - 160 of 694 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...70

Forum » Thread

either
this is my first season of consistant winter running but so far my favorite base layers have been a rab meco 120 LS & a MEC T2 hoodie, and then I usually have a light TNF hoodless breathable wi...

In GEAR » Hooded or non hooded baselayer for cold weather running
December 27, 10:10pm

hmmm....
wow, that is a killer deal...resisting the bargain. I'm with you though Rick, for cold weather stuff I like having the warmth, lightweight and compact size of down (also infinity). I guess ...

In Gear Deals » Brooks Range Cirro Extreme 120g Primaloft for $89
December 25, 4:24am

fastpacking and skimo specialty stores
a couple of speciality stores that I've found lately online that are well worth a visit if you are interested in fastpacking or ski mountaineering. Sage to Summit (in Bishop CA) http://...

In GEAR » fastpacking and skimo specialty stores
December 23, 12:45am

terrex pro
I've used the terrex pros for a couple of years. I found them on craigslist for $100, which is still expensive, but since I bought them as goggles and glasses, I thought it was worth it. I don&...

In GEAR » LIGHTEST ski goggle?
December 23, 12:15am

packrafting--go 3400
I have an hmg ice pack 3400 that I've used for my first two pack rafting trips this fall. The first was a 7 day trip through UT desert and canyons with the occasional heavy water carry. I have ...

In GEAR » New pack
December 22, 11:52pm

bargains
For the price the bitter root is definitely a nice jacket with a good fill to weight ratio. I didn't like the fit when I tried it on, and it wasn't quite warm enough for some of the winter ...

In GEAR » Not os overwhelmed by the Golite Bitterroot
December 22, 12:21am

good to go
like others have said, you should be fine. Having a warm pad under you like the xtherm goes a long way. I use my 40 degree quilt in CO with an xtherm for about 5 months a year and I'm fine. You...

In GEAR » 30* quilt for April NoBo start on AT. Doable or just stupid?
December 19, 6:32pm

thanks
These types of impressions are often more helpful than online specs, so thanks for taking the time. I nerded out like this a couple years ago when getting geared up for winter, and although (like m...

In GEAR » Puffy jackets survey completed
December 15, 2:15am

infinity
The rab infinity jacket would also probably suit your needs well. Its 7.5 oz of down and 16 oz for a size L. My medium is 15 oz flat and its very apparent that the jacket is about half down (minima...

In GEAR » Insulation for changing metabolisms
December 15, 12:34am

interested
Interest is high. Thats pretty much exactly what I would look for in a UL down vest--about %50 fill weight, half zip, and a high collar and elastic hem to seal out drafts. Price is right, too. Alth...

In GEAR » Interest in a down vest
December 10, 11:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am