Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Scott Bentz (scottbentz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me I live in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. I can get to a lot of nice hiking areas right from my street or travel for 15 minutes to higher elevations in the Angeles National Forrest. I started packing again with my sons in their Boy Scout troop. I was definitely not light that first trip 6 years ago and have been reducing my pack weight ever since. I mainly pack a few times a year in the Eastern and Western Sierras.
My PDF Gear ListNorth Lake South Lake 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott Bentz

Showing 151 - 160 of 436 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...44

Forum » Thread

Wide Mouth Pepsi
I have also noticed them disappearing. I have a stash of about 5. The one's I used to buy, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, seem to be with a small cap now. Bummer.

In GEAR » Pepsi Wide Mouth Bottles - Gone?
July 10, 3:25pm

Dinkey Lakes and Skeeters
I was in the Dinkey Lakes a few years ago in early August. No skeeters to speak of. However, I have some friends that took a trip early in the season one year and said that you could not see your c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Nevada backpacking next weekend
July 08, 1:43pm

Canisters in Whitney Zone
I've been checked on two different trips. Once by a Ranger at Rock Creek. Last year by a Ranger at Crabtree. When I got my permit last year they only asked if I was using an approved caniste...

In GEAR » JMT with Ursack
July 08, 1:21pm

Raingear
Benjamin, We use Dri Ducks. The top and bottom weigh 12.5 oz. If you weren't going to take anything than take the top only. We hiked last year on our trip for the better part of a day with r...

In Gear Lists » gear list, JMT, solo, July
June 11, 4:54pm

Ursacks and Canisters
Well, what I did say, is we all had canisters. I would not go into any area that requires a canister without one. The Ursack was for a bit of extra precaution as we left Muir Trail Ranch for our la...

June 11, 12:29pm

Ursacks and Canisters
" I witnessed a Ranger ..march out a couple of hikers as they were 1/2 way up Pine Creek Trail in the Eastern Sierras ...because they did not have B Cans .." Yes, but most likely they ...

June 10, 6:06pm

Scouts Gear
Elizabeth, I also echo all of the other comments regarding your desire to get the kids out. 1.Rain in Southern California mountains can be pretty much the same as in the Sierras; i.e., after...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » detailed questions regarding Scouts gear
June 10, 5:53pm

Gear List
"Yeah, you're right, the TP is kind of crazy. Thing is, I go through a lot of the stuff because my nose runs a lot when I hike" You're out in the wild. Just give a one nostril ...

June 09, 2:47pm

Theft on PCT
Chris, I live not too far from Wrightwood. I could get stuff to her if needs be. I'm in La Canada which is about 90 minutes by car from there. If she needs other stuff let us know. Scott

In GEAR » pack theft pct/
June 04, 5:00pm

Re:Does this sound realistic?
My feeling is you need everyone on board at Philmont regarding cooking procedures. You may have to slow play this one if some of the other leaders have been before and say "this is the way we ...

In Philmont » Philmont Food
May 27, 5:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Scott Bentz

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MSR MIOX
We used a MSR Miox on a trip with 9 people (Scouts). We got very spotty results and ended up playing with the unit more than we wanted. It seemed like the perfect solution but was not worth the wait. ...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
June 03, 5:04pm