Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 151 - 160 of 1535 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...154

Forum » Thread

Re: Wow!
Angel food cake with chocolate pudding would be awesome.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trail Birthdays. How do you celebrate?
May 10, 7:50pm

Re: Loop/attachment system for sleeping bag/quilt conversinon
I sewed plain old gross-grain ribbon loops on my quilt. The plastic hardware (of my GoLite Ultra 20) broke off eventually. The ribbon loops are better. Won't break. My Jacks R Better quilt came...

In Make Your Own Gear » Loop/attachment system for sleeping bag/quilt conversinon
May 10, 7:45pm

Re: Re: Gentrified?
What Southern California do you others live in? You can't even go car camping in the national forests anymore without having to stay up all night listening to conjunto music. And the only peopl...

In GEAR » Gentrified?
May 09, 7:07am

Re: Re: Re: We talk a lot about bears. What about boars?
There are lots of wild pigs on Kauaii. We say a whole bunch of piglets go running down the trail. They were so cute. In the information center they had some pictures of pigs people had hunted. Jeez...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » We talk a lot about bears. What about boars?
May 08, 7:34pm

Re: Re: Oh the things you learn
There are wild pigs in the mountains behind Santa Barbara. I've only ever seen one once. It's pretty scary. They don't seem to have the same fear that the bears do around here.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » We talk a lot about bears. What about boars?
May 08, 7:13am

Re: Re: Re: Re: how large is your pack?
I have no idea what size my pack is. I have a ULA Relay, which they don't make anymore. I sewed a stretchy piece across the back where the shock cord is so I can put things there with more secu...

In GEAR » how large is your pack?
May 08, 7:08am

Re: Insight from you rain gurus out there
How I dealt with extended rain on the PCT and a lack of rain wear, and what I've done on other trips when I've gotten wet and close to hypothermic, is to take off my clothes and get in my s...

In Philosophy & Technique » Better techniques or skills for the rain?
May 07, 8:00pm

Re: Need Suggestions for Hiking Shoe Maker in CA, PNW
I don't think they are in California or the PNW, but I have heard good things about Russell Moccasins. http://www.russellmoccasin.com/

In GEAR » Need Suggestions for Hiking Shoe Maker in CA, PNW
May 07, 7:54pm

Re: Re: Never buying from REI again
Maybe I'm crazy but I kind of like my old hiking clothes that are full of holes, patches and field repairs.

In GEAR » Never buying from REI again
May 07, 7:45pm

Re: Hiking skirt from pants
Only the one bird is green. The others are white and blue. I haven't hiked in my skirt yet, but I have worn it around town and hanging out. I'm happy it's not shorter because dependi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Hiking skirt from pants
May 07, 7:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.