BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 151 - 160 of 916 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...92

Forum » Thread

Golite propel pants
I did not realize that golite was going to discontinue their propel pants, so i never got around to ordering a pair. they were exactly what i was looking for in a softshell for winter backpackin...

In GEAR » Golite propel pants
April 10, 5:16pm

Re: Re: Thru Hikers
are you by any chance? i love pringles, i usually smash them up and put them in a plastic bag for on the trail to eliminate the space and weight of the carboard tube.

In Chaff » Thru Hikers
April 10, 5:07pm

Re: Re: looking for good, light trailrunners
Ive tried alot of different trail runners, and my favorite by far are the salomon XA pro 3Ds. They are not the lightest option for sure, but they fit me flawlessly, dry quickly, and have a unique k...

In GEAR » looking for good, light trailrunners
April 10, 4:52pm

New montbell gear... check it out
hey, ive been away from the forums for quite some time, so i dont know if any of this has already been adressed, but ive been looking at the montbell website the last few days, and am pretty excite...

In GEAR » New montbell gear... check it out
April 10, 4:40pm

Re: Re: LW backcountry skis
I am strictly a downhill skiier, so I dont kno if this is what you are looking for, but I saw that Ryan jordan was using these, so I checked them out.

In Winter Hiking » LW backcountry skis
January 01, 2:42pm

Re: LW backcountry skis
http://life-link.com/dynafit_intro.htm here are some insanely light carbon touring skis + boots and bindings, life-link makes the poles u want too

In Winter Hiking » LW backcountry skis
January 01, 2:38pm

Re: fastpacking list
thanks for the comments chris and brett. I think you guys are right, I can push the comfort limit on sleeping bags a little, but for saftey reasons, I will make sure to include my BMW coccon pul...

In Gear Lists » Fastpacking gearlist
December 20, 7:39pm

Re: Fastpacking gearlist
as of right now I have most everything on this list, except really for the big three, the tarp, bag, and pack. I am now using a nunatak arc ghost with a bivy. an oware cat tarp, and a golite dawn p...

December 20, 4:12pm

Fastpacking gearlist
I have been away busy, with school, and the varsity cross country season, so I havent posted a gearlist in a while. so heres my updated gearlist for 3 season fastpacking. around 30 miles a day, tem...

December 20, 2:06pm

CW-X tights
hey, Ive been looking for some tights to wear for winter trail running and as a baselayer for snowshoesing and skiing, Ive looked at some models by addidas, nike, and salomon, but the best that I h...

In GEAR » CW-X tights
December 19, 3:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm