BPL Community Profile

Ryan Linn (ryan.c.linn) - BPL Guest

My Locale Maine!
About Me I've worked for the Appalachian Mountain Club and Green Mountain Club for several seasons. I led a trail crew in Vermont for the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps near Stratton Mountain. I hope to continue working on or near hiking trails, although the seasonal work thing is hard to sustain over the long run. We'll see how that goes...

AT 2007, New England Trail 2009, PCT 2010. CDT...?
My Website URLhttp://guthook.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Linn

Showing 151 - 160 of 510 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: Mt. Washington State Park
Awesome!!! I can't remember that section of the AT perfectly, but I remember it being really nice. I'm totally in for this. How exciting. Finally... a NE BPL get-together.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England ultralight weekend!
September 29, 4:17pm

Re: Need to pick something easy....
I don't know western Mass too well, but I do remember Upper Goose Pond being a gem on the AT down there. And the section of the trail near the border of Connecticut. Who knows the area really w...

September 28, 7:24pm

Re: Re: Re: So....
The Monadnock Sunapee Greenway is about 45 miles, much of it on easy terrain, but that would be something like close to 20 mile days. Southern Vermont would be a good option, I think. Or AT i...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Southern NH Hikers
September 21, 7:39pm

Re: So....
October 22-23. Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway? (friday night through sunday afternoon... big miles, mellow terrain). A stretch of the Long Trail in southern vermont (in the finally reopened GMNF)...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Southern NH Hikers
September 21, 6:49pm

re: Zpacks sleeping bags
I need to stop coming to the BPL forums, because every time I hear about something new like this, I have this urge to clean out my bank account.... dang, those look fine!

In GEAR » Zpacks sleeping bags
September 19, 5:10am

Awesome
I love it. Bring her on up to the Whites sometime (or VT if the National Forest ever reopens). I corrupted my girlfriend many years ago, so she's all about the backpacking now. But I have to co...

In Post-Trip Reports » Girly Girl GF and SUL BF world's collide, our first overnight together. Bull's Bridge on the AT.
September 19, 5:09am

Re: Anything Planned?
I'm heading into the Pemi Wilderness in the White Mountains tomorrow night and saturday. A BPLer is caretaker at 13 Falls this weekend, and I'm thinking of camping there both nights, and do...

September 15, 4:34pm

Pemigewasset Wilderness Weekend 9/16-18
Short notice, but I'll be heading out into the Pemi to visit BPLer AngelaZ, who is caretaker at 13 Falls campsite this weekend. I don't have set plans, except that I'll be camping at 13...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Pemigewasset Wilderness Weekend 9/16-18
September 14, 4:17pm

Re: BPL Member Map
Where are all the New Englanders?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » BPL Member Map
September 14, 4:00pm

Re: Completing a Thru-Hike
That "youth" myth is the one that gets me the most. I can't remember which, but a recent Backpacker mag article mentioned that most thru-hikers are fresh out of college. Maybe. I don&...

In Editor's Roundtable » Completing a Thru-Hike
September 14, 6:50am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Linn

Ryan Linn has posted no reviews.