BPL Community Profile

Rusty Beaver (rustyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Rusty Beaver has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rusty Beaver

Showing 151 - 160 of 807 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...81

Forum » Thread

Nice!
Very nice! You have fixed the main issue I have with my minimalist sandals: Foot moving all over the place.

In Make Your Own Gear » FINALLY...A minimalist sandal that works!
May 08, 1:31pm

Re: Merrell Trail Glove 2 - Running Smart, Review, and Barefoot Running
"Anyone else on here running barefoot?" Rather than running, I'd be more interested if anyone is backpacking barefoot. Anyone? My profile pic is me on my first try, summer of 2...

In GEAR » Merrell Trail Glove 2 - Running Smart, Review, and Barefoot Running
April 27, 10:24am

Re: what's better for your knees: stiff soles or, well, less stiff soles
My knee pain was cut by 80-90% when I started backpacking in "barefoot" shoes. And, after a decade of not being able to jog across a cross walk in "runners" without pissing it o...

In GEAR » what's better for your knees: stiff soles or, well, less stiff soles
April 21, 9:22am

Re: Hmm
Thanks. Are the Sanuks flat? I couldn't find that info on their website.

In GEAR » Anyone use the Evolv Cruzer shoe?
March 23, 2:31pm

Re: Cruzer
Thanks for the info, Avery. Is the heel taller/thicker than the toe area....or, in other words, is the shoe flat from heel to toe? I wouldn't wear them for hiking (got my Vivobarefoots for t...

March 23, 8:49am

Anyone use the Evolv Cruzer shoe?
I'm wondering if they have a raised heel. Their website says "minimal-drop flat EVA midsole"....but I don't know how to interpret that for sure. Anyone use these shoes?

March 22, 4:48pm

A simple and free fix to an annoyance of the Vivobarefoot Breatho Trail
I like wearing them without the insoles but my feet get mighty cold in these cooler months without. The insoles started slipping backwards and creeping up the back of my heal after a while though. ...

In GEAR » A simple and free fix to an annoyance of the Vivobarefoot Breatho Trail
March 20, 6:13pm

Well....
You didn't mention esthetics. I think the GG wins hands down there....but the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Tried on a Kumo last August and thought, "Damn, this is one nice pac...

In GEAR » MLD Burn or GG Murmur
March 20, 3:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MYOG ergo trekking pole grips. Which materials? Also, attached pic.
Oh, I see what you're saying. Those blocks are 3" x 6" x 9"....so I'd have enough for ~3-4 grips. And I could buy a block locally to save shipping costs. Maybe the squishy...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG ergo trekking pole grips. Which materials? Also, attached pic.
March 17, 9:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: MYOG ergo trekking pole grips. Which materials? Also, attached pic.
"for almost the same price but less work.. unless you like the carving part :)" Almost the same price for what? I have tons of minicell foam so no costs there...and I enjoy carving. Wi...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG ergo trekking pole grips. Which materials? Also, attached pic.
March 17, 8:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Rusty Beaver

Rusty Beaver has posted no reviews.