BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 151 - 160 of 948 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...95

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: LuminAid: 4.5 oz
Buying a scale is probably the best ultralight purchase you can make. Then start weighing everything. You will be surprised. Some stuff seems pretty heavy but isn't bad while other stuff is sur...

In GEAR » LuminAid solar charged, inflatable LED light
October 08, 10:29pm

Re: No flame
Different stove types have different advantages. An alcohol stove is the lightest (or has the potential to be the lightest). It also has the advantage of being able to match the exact amount of fue...

In GEAR » Flame on
October 08, 10:22pm

Re: size
I just want to add my 2 cents to this discussion. I agree with the points that were made about keeping the dimensions similar (if not identical) to your previous tents. If it works for your wife an...

In GEAR » The CAFFIN tents come!
October 07, 3:02pm

Re: Day pack with a frame?
You might want to check out Black Diamond packs. They are fairly rugged. I like that in a pack, as I am much harder on a day pack than a backpack (I do a lot more day hiking, I scramble and bushwha...

In GEAR » Day pack with a frame?
October 03, 10:51pm

Re: Look for Dri-Release fabric
Having used the synthetic/cotton blend T-Shirts, I wouldn't worry about it. They feel like a lot of more expensive synthetics. Basically, the synthetic alone will feel like plastic -- it would ...

In GEAR » Light, cool t-shirts
October 03, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Glove choice for the PNW winter, shell?
It is really hard, if not impossible to find warm, flexible waterproof gloves. Waterproof mittens are another story. So, my basic system is similar to what others use: 1) Lightweight synthetic g...

In GEAR » Glove choice for the PNW winter, shell?
October 03, 12:43pm

Re: my two cents
Excellent report Anthony. I will say that I own the Skyscape X and used it on a very windy pass for a couple of nights. It performed well, although like a few shelters, the front or head has to be ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Solo-Plus Tent State of the Market Report
September 26, 9:25pm

Re: Re: reviews
>>> I would love to help out with the reviews also. I'm a tall guy like Brett, BPL should let us review the 5-6 recommended "big & tall" shelters. There always seems to b...

September 23, 8:43pm

Re: Cuben
Dan said it well. It is confusing, because Cuben Fiber comes in so many different varieties. It is hard to make a generic statement as to whether it is worth it or not. It is much easier to compare...

In GEAR » cuben fiber, is it worth the extra money.
September 21, 9:33am

Re: State of the market
I think constructive criticism about this article belongs on this thread. Criticism of BPL in general belongs somewhere else. Use this article as an example, if you want, but saying you think BPL h...

September 20, 9:32am

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm